Friday, October 16, 2009

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care

About 5 years ago a lovely friend of mine showed  me the beautiful heirloom christmas stockings she had made for her children.  I made my first two that year.

The following Christmas we ran classes with mums from our playgroup and we had the most amazing time together making beautiful gifts for our children and friendships too.

Every year since I have 'guided' my friends through the process and every year it has been such a special lead up to Christmas, with some amazing and beautiful stockings being made. 

This year, once again,  I have a lovely group of women making stockings.  It is so much fun.  I thought I would share a few of my creations here, before I get stuck into sewing a few more (including one for me this year :)).

carla stockingdec 08 044Dads christmas stockingcuddly photos 015Keeley stocking

3 comments:

crafty things said...

Your stockings look fantastic. Welcome to the world of blogs - came over here to say hi via Day to Day.

Leonie said...

Thank you for coming over to say Hi, I am very excited to get some visitors to my blog!!
thank you too for your lovely comment :)

Pip said...

I Love your Fairy Stocking my daughter would love it!