Wednesday, March 10, 2010

10th Wedding Anniversary

2010 108Today this guy and I celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. 


(photo doesnt show but he's really much taller than me!! Im standing on a rock!)



It is wonderful to be married to a man who such an all round nice guy.  He is a great dad and has been hands on with all three of our little darlings. He baths them every night.. still.  He is great around the house.. mostly :), nah, he cooks, he does laundry and he even bakes too.. even Gluten free for me! He's a fantastic son-in-law too and my parents adore him. He's a hard worker, faithful and grows a wicked garden.  He is happy to hang out at home with us and loves V8 racing, fishing and rugby.

I remember telling my Dad many years ago what I wanted in a man - he had to be tall (check) good looking (check) dark hair (check) play rugby (check) hardworker (check) and some other things I cant remember.. he thought I was too picky.. in his wedding speech he admitted I had found just that.

My parents are a great example to follow as they have recently celebrated their 40th anniversary.

Of course 10 years of marriage has its trails but in the end - its worth it!

We are having a night out together this weekend to celebrate but our anniversary! A real date -yippee. And our focus going into our second year of marriage is Family  Family Family.

Whats funny is we are now living in Brisbane, where we went for our fantastic honeymoon!

2 comments:

silvia said...

Your story is wonderful and your family really special so congratulations to you and thanks for sharing this precious moment. Enjoy your night out ;-)

Leonie said...

Thank you Silvia. It really is exciting to reach this milestone. Now I just need the kids to get well so we can have our night out !!! Thank you for all the lovely comments you leave on my blog too, I really appreciate it.