Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter weekend

We have had a busy but enjoyable easter.

Starting on Wednesday I made special bunny biscuits for Bubba to take to Kindy.bunny bikkies

On Good Friday Little Miss Sunshine and I made Hot cross buns.. mmmm the smell was amazing, pity they weren't gluten free. So, for me I made some GF scones with some nutmeg, cloves and sultanas included... they weren't as good as hot cross buns :(
hot cross bunsgf scones


We also had some friends over for a bbq and an easter egg hunt.

Yesterday was a quiet day, nice to do a bit of sewing.  These are the easter bags and little softies I made for the children.

Little birdie pattern from here.  I altered it to make the little bunny for Sonic and made a little felt carrot for its pocket.



Little Miss Sunshine's Easter Bag

(below is a close up of the flower.. Ive always wanted to make one of these)




Miss E's easter bag


B's easter bag

Today we went to our favourite spot, Shorncliffe Pier. If you live in Brisbane it is a MUST see place to visit. So beautiful.  The kids had a big swim, we had lunch with friends and then they had a big play on the playground. I played around with my new camera :) I'll upload those photos another day.

Tomorrow I will share the skirt I made for Little miss Sunshine... 56 squares and about 3 hours of sewing - But its gorgeous!! I will also share where you can find the pattern.

1 comment:

silvia said...

Wow wondermummy, it seems you've pretty busy! Lots of lovely things you made :-), I'm very curious about the skirt ...