Monday, April 5, 2010

Market Day skirt

When I saw the skirt Mel Goodsell had made for her daughter, Bella, here, I knew Little Miss Sunshine would absolutely want one. And, I was correct, she's been bugging me for one since!  So we went to buy a few extra fabrics and then it took me about 3 hours of cutting 56 squares and sewing , phew! But totally worth it... now I need to finish Bubba's one (20 squares less on hers thank goodness)
keeley new skirt





We thought it would be fun to take pictures at the beach but I think I need to learn a little more about my new camera to get the lighting right.

The pattern is the Saturday Market Skirt by Portabellopixie, here. I would love to get a copy of her book when it is released.

The pattern is for adults and children's sizes. Little Miss Sunshine's is a size 7/8 and Im making Bubba the 4. The only thing I changed is putting an elasticated waistband on instead of a drawstring (or my girls would be running around with down around their ankles because they pull on cords and strings!).

1 comment:

Mel Goodsell said...

Oh wow, that's totally gorgeous! Yours reminds me of a beautiful rainbow, so much colour and yummy-ness.
Melx