Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dish drainer mat

My Mum always puts a tea towel down before she puts her dish drainer on the bench.  She does it to stop the drainer scratching the stainless and also to stop the dripping water spreading everywhere.  Although we have a dishwasher we also need to do some hand washing and as we are renting I have also gotten into the habit of putting down a mat to prevent the drainer scratching the stainless.

So... Ive seen a couple of ideas for dish drainer mats and liked the concepts - something a bit pretty in the kitchen is always good. For the most part I just made it up as I went along. I have some more in the pipeline and bought some supercute fabric yesterday (from Spotlight of all places!shock horror).

004


097


The backing is a piece of a mega sized towel that we never use (and I have four of them sitting in the cupboard )


002

2 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

That is so cool - love the fabric!!

Angela Noelle said...

Oooo - so cool! LOVE it!