Friday, May 21, 2010

Log Cabin Pillow

After  yesterdays rant we sorted out the bed..didnt get to sleep in it much as our youngest kept us up most of the night with a brewing UTI, got the house sparkling for the inspection (and the agent didnt even look!! Aarggh! but at least it still looks nice), still working on the other things.

But I gave myself the afternoon off everything else and made Little Miss Sunshine a log cabin pillow - out of the left overs from the quilt I am making her. Ive always wanted to do one of these and I totally loved making it!! there will be more to come... Its a great way of using up the fabric too, because the Oi Lily one at $90 a metre (I only bought half) is going to have every last scrap used!!!


 log cabin pillow


 


log cabin pillow close up



the quilting isn't perfect but I am so happy with how it turned out :)

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Love this!!!! Esp the polkadot centre.... looks like the same fabric I have for Laura's quilt (if it ever gets finished.....)

Leonie said...

Thanks Jacqui. I read somewhere that traditionally the centre of a log cabin patchwork is red - which is perfect for me who loves red polka dots!
Umm...yes.. Keeley's quilt front has been made for about a year..but Im too scared about quilting it because its a queen.... but cant afford $200 for someone else to do it. I might get brave and get it done.