Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wild West Party Part 1


Yesterday was Mstr B's wild west party. The kids seemed to enjoy themselves and it was BUSY!!! and loud! since when are boys so LOUD!!!


So here is an overload of photos!!! I will probably post another post about how we did things if anyone is interested in using the ideas or theme.
 Welcome to the West!





I made some huge cacti which were attached to garden stakes with cable ties.



the bunting... hmmm loving denim, gingham and bandana bunting!

Hubby made some store fronts...he did a GREAT job!

and a Jail



there were games


and hoss's ya hear....and the odd cow


And the cake..


Rope licorice... I got this idea from somewhere and will post the link when I find it...



The games...

pass the kumara (sweet potato) they were supposed to play pass the rattlesnake but our very long and large soft toy snake was nowhere to be found!

So we played pass the kumara to the Wiggles, Hot potato - instant hit!!

There were sack races...


The Birthday Boy mid-jump in the sack race

Panning for gold...

Panning for gold in the sandbox.  This was by far the most popular game .. and there wasnt even any prizes!

Today was a public holiday in Australia for Queens Birthday and we had a relaxing morning at home and then took Mum and Dad to the beautiful Shorncliffe for the afternoon.

So tomorrow I will be back with more from the Wild West party :)

Ive linked up my party to these linky partys




 


12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, what an awesome party!!! Love the bright and colourful decorations - they really set the scene. That cake is incredible - did you make it? How on earth did you do that...!?!

Leonie said...

Thanks Jennifer. It was great fun doing the preparations. I love that part :).
The cake I made with two halves, joined them together then decorated it with butter cream icing. It was actually quite easy - the hard part was putting all those little spines on the cake! took forever and my friend was helping!

Chickie Little said...

What an *awesome* party! You guys are so crafty! And that cake is amazing. What are the spines made of??

Leonie said...

Thank you, the spines are made of royal icing. Piped onto baking paper then broken into pieces and poked into the icing. A very clever friend was the brains behind this one.

PaisleyJade said...

Wow - that cake is amazing!! I love the party theme and all the effort you put into it - awesome!!!

Deanna said...

What a fantastic party! LOVE the cake!!

Leonie said...

thank you!

Simone said...

That's so awesome Leonie!!! What great ideas; I think I have found another party-minded blog-friend! I will be adding you to my blogroll :)

Kim said...

Ok, I can't decide if I love your props or cake more! FANTASTIC job!

hugs! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Sue said...

What a fun party. I LOVE the cake! So cute and clever! What are the quills(?) made of?

Hobby horse making | Kiwi at Heart said...

[...] my parents were staying and we were preparing for Ben’s Wild West party my Mum and Dad and the kids had a ball making hobby horses to use for the horse races… and I [...]

Emmy said...

What an awesome awesome party!! Love it