Friday, July 23, 2010

PJs for kids

keeleyHave you ever had that dream... you know, the one where you look down and you are wearing your pjs and you're at school?

Well, this week my daughter and her friends wore their pjs to school on purpose.  They were asked to help deliver the pjs to the Pyjama foundation representative at the school assembly.

carrying in pjsThe PJ foundation is attempting to have donated 7000+ pairs of new pjs this week to go to the children in foster care who often arrive into care with nothing.  Having worked as a social worker for many years (in NZ) I am only too familiar with this sad scenario.

pj girlsSo I was only too happy for Little Miss Sunshine to don her pjs for this good cause... her's are recycled from her cousin!! LOL.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ooh, I remember once when I was a kid we all wore our pjs to school! Fun! Great cause for your daughter to be a part of!