Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hobby horse making

When my parents were staying and we were preparing for Mr Strong's  Wild West party my Mum and Dad and the kids had a ball making hobby horses to use for the horse races... and I forgot to post about them... so here they are!

2010-06-14



Dont you love the big teeth on my Dad's one.. and Litttle Miss Sunshine's  had pretty ribbons and flowers, Sonic and Mums had lovely hats and there was even a Daisy the cow :) So much fun and kept my parents entertained for hours!

They were easy to make.  I picked up a packet of wooden cricket wickets at an Op shop for a couple of dollars.  We then used some old socks and lots of felt and ribbon.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love how creative you are on a budget, Leonie. It's amazing what you manage to find at an op shop!

Well I just wanted to give you a no-spending update. So, you know how I was wishing I could go and buy just a few more girly papers for my album making? Well I just got a belated baby gift today and it is a voucher to my favourite scrapbooking shop! So *technically* I won't be spending any money! I hope you don't think I'm cheating, but I was pretty excited about the gift and wanted to share! :)