Thursday, October 14, 2010

Happy Bloggiversary to me!

cupcake



Today it is one year since I started blogging and wow what a year it has been.

Just over a year ago I didn't have any idea what a blog was and didn't know how much I would enjoy having one and the amazing people I would 'meet', from here in Australia, and all around the world.

I'd say one of the best things I did was sign up for Kiwi Mummy Blogs as I have 'met' so many other kiwi Mums who blog and I feel a real connection with.  In the last two weeks I have been lucky enough to meet two of these lovely ladies who live in Brisbane (more about that in another post :)). I am really looking forward to meeting more fellow bloggers in the future.

This year:

I have written 182 posts.

I have been in NZ Parenting magazine. What a buzz!

I have written my first tutorial here.

I have sewn and created probably more than ever!

I have participated in swaps, won giveaways, hosted giveaways.

I have been INSPIRED, I have LAUGHED, I have CRIED, I have ADMIRED, I have felt CONNECTED. I have discovered more about who I am and the person I want to be.

I have been awe-inspired by the remarkable people in blogland.

I have come to the realisation that this blog is what I want it to be. It is about what I want to share and how I see the world.

While blogging, I have read about people questioning whether it is easy to portray a 'perfect'  (but not real) life on a blog.  For me the percieved anonymity means I feel more able to keep it real. What you see is what you get with me.  Our life is not perfect but that's ok. My kids aren't perfectly behaved all the time, but that's ok, because we love them unconditionally and they also remind us how to keep it real. I have ups and downs, I get homesick (a lot!), I have an ongoing battle with my health, I have arguments with my husband, I burn in the sun, I procrastinate (oh boy do I ever)... but its all the reality of life.

So a BIG thank you to all my lovely followers and those who leave comments. I appreciate you taking the time to drop by.

There's going to be a few changes around here shortly so stay tuned and WATCH THIS SPACE!!!

7 comments:

Natasha said...

Happy Blogiversary! Here's to many more years of bloggy fun!

I would love to meet up too by the way-what a great idea!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Jules said...

Hey Leonie,
Congratulations on reaching a year, how exciting! Best wishes for many more years to come!!

Jules :o)

meghan said...

Yep, happy blogiversary! I have really been enjoying your refreshingly honest approach to life since I started reading. 182 posts in one year is pretty amazing. I've only just made it to 250 in the past three years!

Keep up the lovely work :-)
Your faithful follower

The Clip Cafe said...

Oh wow 1 year! What a year - I have enjoyed your blog since coming across it in blog land :-) I agree with Meghan too about your refreshingly honest approach :-)

Kelly said...

Happy Blogiversary! 182 posts really is impressive for a year - I think I'm almost at 300 in almost 3 years but the majority have been from this year

Can't wait to see what these changes are :)

Miss Prudence said...

What a lot you have put into one year! Congratulations on all the wonderful posts you have shared with us...thank you =)

Sally said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday!

Looking forward to joining you on your bloggy journey.