Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Creative Space - cats

 


cats



Today's creative space at our house is brought to you by Little Miss Sunshine.  She is 9 years old and learning to sew. Recently she made these super cute cats, one for her and one each for her brother and sister. I just helped her draft the pattern and she did the rest herself. So proud!

Little Miss Sunshine and Sonic are both attending sewing club at school and my son (7yrs) is so excited about the Christmas decoration he has been making... its his first time EVER sewing and he is doing such a great job. (he took it with him to school today so I haven't a picture to post of it)

I LOVE seeing my children create... this is a picture of Sonic (Mario brothers) that my 4 year old did this week (I had to grab it from the rubbish bin  because she didnt think it was good enough!) I think it is amazing!!!

sonic



 Check out other creative spaces over here

6 comments:

Sally said...

Sonic absolutely is amazing! Geez... if only I could draw that well (... and I sure have had a lot more years of practice!!!). Adoring the cats as well. So wonderful, so neatly stitched, such sweet expressions on their faces. You sure do have lots of reasons to be proud ... I hope little miss sunshine is stoked with her achievments too.
Looking very much forward to seeing Mr 7's sewing... be sure to get a photo and post asap!!!

lee said...

fantastic suff! those cats are adorable and for a 4 yr old that picture of sonic is a-maz-ing!!

meghan said...

It is so great that your kids are getting into the crafting/art early. And all clearly very talented too!

fairchild street said...

Yes I love it when my son creates it is the best way to get to know yourself. Not everything has to come off a shelf already made. Thank you for visiting Charmaine

ana @ i made it so said...

they did a great job! i remember almost every little crafty project i made as a child, the memories will stick with them i'm sure. cool cats ;)

The Clip Cafe said...

Talented crafter's in the making!! Those cats are great! Given me idea's to try with my own kids - thanks :-) And the drawing is very good too :-)