Sunday, October 3, 2010

Thankful

Today I am thankful...

for having hands and a mind that allow me to create....

for the rain that is filling our water tank in a country that has been experiencing years of water restrictions...

for a husband who has cooked a beautiful roast dinner and baked a cake and biscuits.....

for having three healthy, happy children who can run, jump and play...

for living comfortably in a country of plenty and never going without.....and being free from war and persecution...

for the beautiful gluten free banana cake my daughter made me... (oh so yummy!)...and still enjoying beautiful food despite restrictions...

for blossoming friendships in blog land... 

for making new friends... and still loving the old ones *grin*...

for family who love me unconditionally...

for the end of school holidays... (oops, how did that one sneak in here?)... lol...

Sometimes its too easy to get caught up in the things that get us down and looking for things to be thankful really puts it into perspective.

I AM BLESSED... IMMENSELY...

what are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

Natasha said...

Amen to that! I love your list but quietly I would love another week with my kiddos! I am really going to miss them when they go back to school!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Nadiah said...

Today I'm grateful for something exceptionally small but that makes a big difference to me - that right now my dear partner is upstairs minding the Munchkin so I can have a bit of down-time and do some work for the Qld Fair Trade Collective, which though my contribution is small, me feel awesome.

Amiko said...

Hi,

I am thankful to have a friend like you.
I've been featured your Yo Yo Christmas Tree at my blog.

http://mynameamiko.blogspot.com/2010/10/yo-yo-christmas-tree-featured.html

Thank you so much for posting and sharing it.

God bless you

Amiko