Tuesday, November 9, 2010

30 days of me

I saw this over at Sams Snippets tonight and I thought - hey, that might get me blogging again! So here I go...


If you want to join in - this is what you have to do each day

Day 01- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself.
Day 02- The meaning behind your Blog name.
Day 03- A picture of you and your friends.
Day 04- A habit that you wish you didn’t have
Day 05- A picture of somewhere you’ve been to
Day 06- Favorite super hero and why
Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you
Day 08- Short term goals for this month and why.
Day 09- Something you’re proud of in the past few days
Day 10- Songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad
Day 11- Another picture of you and your friends
Day 12- How you found out about Blogger and why you made one
Day 13- A letter to someone who has hurt you recently
Day 14- A picture of you and your family
Day 15- Put your iPod on shuffle: First 10 songs that play
Day 16- Another picture of yourself
Day 17- Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
Day 18- Plans/dreams/goals you have
Day 19- Nicknames you have; why do you have them
Day 20- Someone you see yourself marrying/being with in the future
Day 21- A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 22- What makes you different from everyone else
Day 23- Something you crave for a lot
Day 24- A letter to your parents
Day 25- What I would find in your bag
Day 26- What you think about your friends
Day 27- Why are you doing this 30 day challenge
Day 28- A picture of you last year and now, how have you changed since then?
Day 29- In this past month, what have you learned
Day 30- Your favorite song.


So here goes Day 1 - A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself.
 049



  1. I am a bit obsessive.. eg. When I was at school and in my 20s my obsession was the gym and now it is all things crafty and um.. blogs *ahem*.

  2. I have a Masters Degree in Psychology. Apparently it doesn’t instantly qualify you to understand children (despite how many times Ive been asked parenting questions followed by – you must know you studied psychology).. oh right!

  3. I was an exchange student during High School to the USA... I L.O.V.E. the USA! I still have regular contact with my host family 20 years later.

  4. I am not a dog person... but for some reason dogs like me.

  5. I am like the prodigal son... I have always believed in God (that will never change) but my commitment to church etc comes in ebbs and flows.... I wish that was different.

  6. During my exchange in the USA I learnt to play the Saxophone... well ‘play’ is probably too strong a word... I also got to take two classes a day of art, choir and other very cool subjects.

  7. I have suspected Coeliacs and cannot tolerate even a tiny trace of gluten (hence the lack of a firm diagnosis – I can’t put myself through the eating of gluten to get a positive biopsy). Some days I get really annoyed about it... mostly I just suck it up and get on with it.

  8. My babies are miracles. I was told I would never have babies and I have three perfect healthy children.

  9. My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage – It was the worst day of my life so far.

  10. I had my thyroid gland removed when I was 26 due to an autoimmune thyroid disease that nearly killed me.. but going into surgery this is what I told the surgeon... ‘please make the scar look ok, I am only 26 and I don’t have a boyfriend at the moment’..(rolls eyes) vanity!!!  Funny thing is I met my hubby about 6 weeks later – while my scar (across my neck) was still held together with steri strips. He said he didn’t notice. So I married him.

  11. I am fiercely loyal.. fiercely (you have been warned!)

  12. I would love to learn to play the piano (hopefully much better than I played the saxophone).

  13. I love Kiwi and Aussie music, television and music... love it!

  14. I don’t have an accent (hahaha)

  15. I love white chocolate.


Phew that was quite hard!


And thank you for your lovely comments about best wishes for my Mum.  She is ok  - they haven't really changed anything but she will be monitored more closely now.

5 comments:

Deb said...

What a lovely photo of you and your daughter. I have been following your blog for a while, but am a lazy commenter. I love your story about the your thyroid, but felt so sad for you when I read about your miscarriage. It was lovely getting to know a bit more about you.

Simone said...

Lots of things on that list I didn't know... it's a great idea that 30 days for getting you blogging again... go for it Leonie!

The Clip Cafe said...

I think this 30 day thing is great! Look forward to your posts :-) I did a shout out for you on one of my posts :-) Great to get to know you a bit more too - loving it!! 12 + 15 - me too, 9 - I have lost two so know how you felt to a degree, 6 - Umm jealous!!! never been out of Australia, 1 - hehe me too exactly!! 11 - I can certainly be that! 10 - My thyroid is actually being monitored now.
xx Me

Rach said...

Really honest & moving. Have at least 4 things in common, but not as brave as you to post them all : )

Will admit to number 7 though... being difficult to feed is never fun - or very social!! It is hard to understand why anyone would want to make themselves feel sick by eating what you already know is a problem. Some one has to find a better way to diagnose food allergies/ intolerances.

Jennifer said...

I loved reading this list, Leonie! WOW that you have a Masters degree... didn't know that! Clever you! We have quite a few things in common... number 5 is me right now, too, and I wish it was different. We need to decide where we are going to attend (our 'current' church - if you can call it that because we haven't been since Abbey was born!) is a 30 minute drive each way and that is part of the problem, I think!!! Thanks for the enjoyable read... it's always nice to get to know friends better :o)