Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Easy Kumara (Sweet Potato) Hummus

I found a recipe for Sweet potato hummus on the internet the other day and it was super easy... although Ive changed it as it was missing some things I like in hummus.

I made a batch for my daughters birthday party, served it in a bowl of cabbage leaves with chopped up veges (brocoli, cucumber, red and green capsicum, snow peas and carrots). It was a hit so I thought Id share it here.

kumara hummus



 

1 large sweet potato (kumara)

1 tin chick peas

2 tblsp tahini

¼ c olive oil

1 tsp salt

2 cloves garlic

Big squeeze lemon juice  (I used half a lemon)

½ c stock (i used chick pea brine)

Poke holes in the sweet potato and microwave for 6 minutes.

Put all ingredients in food processor... blend until desired consistency. Pop in fridge until cold.

Serve with chopped up fresh veges... eg. Red & green capsicum, snow peas, broccoli, carrots....

Easy and sooo tasty....

No comments: