Tuesday, November 30, 2010

motivation for change

Yesterday I received some very welcome and good news. Phew! After all the stressing of the last two weeks I was given a positive diagnosis and life can resume as normal (hmm... well our normal anyway).

I am looking on this as a positive experience. It may not have felt like it at the time but I have learnt a lot from it...

1. I am stronger than I give myself credit for

2. Valium does. not. work.. back to rescue remedy for me.

3. I should probably get some help with my debilitating needle phobia.

4. I am usually a pretty extroverted person but when something is really weighing me down I draw into myself and just want to be alone. And thats ok.

5. I have amazing friends and family who have helped me with my kids, distracted me and prayed for me. I am thankful.

6. I turn to God when times are tough and I need to do this ALL the time. This post here really spoke to me yesterday. Why am I so afraid to surrender?

7. I need to get healthy. I need to lose weight and exercise. Shopping at the mall is not exercise. But, none of those flimsy New Years resolutions for me and no more fad diets. This needs real action and change. I love this blog and through her recommendations I  am reading  a great book called In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan. Its fantastic and I totally get it!

 8. I am blessed. My life might not be perfect but I have so many blessings to be thankful for.

9. My blog is mine. I will write what I want to write and if I only get one comment per 500 hits thats ok... NOT!!!! Seriously people!! I love comments!!

So I am joining back in with the mad rush to Christmas, but taking time out to be thankful and remember what Christmas is REALLY about.

14 comments:

Renee said...

Yay!!! So pleased something so wonderfully positive came out of it all. Glad you appear to have gotten your blogging mojo back because I, for one, am looking forward to seeing what kind of crafty goodness you get up to in the lead-up to Christmas ;)

Lisa said...

Bless you... I am so glad that things are looking good for you. God is a good God and Im sure glad that you talk about Him. I understand about the weightloss thing. God showed me VERY clearly 3 months ago that I HAD to do something about my health and weight.. so far I am 18kg down.. Praise Him that He has given me and is giving me the victory! and victory it is! I am nearly half way.
God bless and I look forward to coming back and visiting your blog... Hugs Lisa

Fiona said...

Great to hear your good news. I've been lurking in the background, reading your blog for a while now but I think now is a good time to say 'Hi!'

Natasha said...

It is wonderful to read all of this. I am so happy that life is looking good and that you are so motivated to do so many positive things. Good luck and I will be back as often as I can to swing by and say Hi!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Gail said...

This is a great list - own it! I pray that you will continue to find LOADS of joy during this season!! Thanks for the mention too. Surrender is hard.I need to approach it daily!! xx

megan said...

oh thats good news re your positive diagnosis, that must have been really hard waiting to hear. now you can really enjoy the christmas season. great goals, i need to set some too!

Ninotchka said...

Oh phew indead. I don't know what you were thinking you might have, but its BRILLIANT you have turn this crisis into a positive opportunity for growth. Go you, it does take some moxie to see the silver lining. I get what you mean about the comments thing, but as a reader I think sometimes its hard to know how to give genuine meaningful comfort from the other end of the computer, thats not to say there weren't positive thoughts sent up on your behalf from my end though. I hope you have a gentle Christmas, don't rush too much - enjoy the love and support of your family - you deserve it, eh?

Cat said...

saw Gails post yesterday too...it is a good one
sounds like you have been through a time of growth...hard while you are in it but so rewarding to reflect upon
on a side note, my son uses rescue remedy, we have found it works well....
I love your list...it is positive and optimistic...and that is so good!

enjoy this season, for all that it is

love and light

jacksta said...

Yay for a good outcome. God IS good! Fly over and do my Triwoman with me...or you could do one there :) Either way exercise endorphins are GOOD!

Sarah said...

So relieved to hear all is well and looking up as the festive season approaches x take care x

Sue said...

Good for you. Life should be LIVED right up until you die.

Meghan said...

A lovely post and such lovely positive news for you. Yay. Growing in God is tough when we're in the middle of a situation but just a little further down the track we can sure look back and see his footsteps carrying us through it all hey. God Bless xx

Jodz said...

Im so pleased you had some good news. Yey! Merry Christmas

dogs said...

Outstanding This really is one of the most beneficial blogs I’ve ever read on this subject.