Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thankful

When things are tough I find the best thing I can do (after a pity party for one) is look at what I can be thankful for.



This week I was dealt another health blow and although I want to remain positive I am on a bit of a downer.

So I am thankful for...

As always these beautiful children I have been so immensley blessed to have...

I am thankful for this Miss who always makes us smile

concert 5a



I am thankful for our beautiful boy who tells me Im the best mummy in the world - every day!

ben at moffats



And I am thankful this little monkey (who is my baby and will be turning 5 in two weeks!! NOOOO!)

elise



I am thankful for my husband (mr Movember!) for giving me some time out on Saturday.  While I am normally a people person I just want to be by myself at the moment.

I am thankful for amazing friends, thank you... you know who you are.

I am thankful for the squeals and laughter from evening soccer games in our backyard (excuse the grass - the summer is already taking its toll!)

afternoon soccer2afternoon soccer3



I am thankful for my legs, so that I can walk in the beautiful sunshine and meet the strange and unusual creatures along the way

lizard thing


this is a blue tongue lizard.. hello mr lizard.. nice to meet you, glad our paths could cross (and even more glad you werent a snake!)



I am thankful for beautiful places to breathe and pray and find some peace

018



I don't share a lot about my religious beliefs on my blog, or with my friends, and I should. When times are tough I always turn to God for strength.  Yesterday this poem came to mind.. to remind me that God is with us all the time, through the good and bad. It gives me peace, humility and strength to know that.































































































Footprints in the Sand
 
 
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
 
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
 
So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"
 
The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."
 Mary Stevenson 

I am being carried at the moment and thats ok.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope you feel better soon x I've always loved that poem. Big hugs. Your family is beautiful x

Lisa said...

I love this poem. I to am a christian. God is good and in our darkest times He is does carry us. He is a good and faithful God. Hugs Lisa