Friday, December 17, 2010

Fudge Recipes

I promised to share my recipes.. and probably BEFORE Christmas is a good idea!

I personally, after eating half a batch of fudge while I was sick (and no, it didnt help!), wont be eating anymore this christmas as I am now doing no sugar and no processed grains to try to get my health sorted.  I thought I would struggle but apart from a headache at about 4pm.. Im doing great today. Lots of 'real' food!! YUM!

Russian Fudge. Warning this is SERIOUSLY good fudge.. this is my downfall. Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for any overindulgence, cavities or extra kilos.

3 cups sugar

2 Tbsp golden syrup

1/2 c milk

125 g butter

1/2 tin condensed milk

1 tsp vanilla essence (I use vanilla paste because its YUM!)

Put all ingredients except vanilla into a large pot.  Slowly boil for 20 mins, stirring continuously.

Add vanilla. Beat 4-5 minutes until thick. Pour into a greased dish or tray and refigerate.

Do this when your family are out then cut it up and put it into an opaque container at the back of the fridge so noone knows whats in there .. .hahaha.

The next recipe was given to me by a friend of mine recently (white choc fudge) and I made it then went to make Sophie Grey's 'weak at the knees' fudge and realised the recipes were the same but one had dark chocolate, the other white. Both are good!!!

Dark or White chocolate fudge

125 g butter

2 Tbsp golden syrup

1 can condensed milk

1 cup brown sugar

75 g dark chocolate

Grease a small tin. Melt the butter over a low heat, add the syrup, condensed milk and brown sugar and stir continuously until sugar is dissolved. Bring the mixture to the boil then reduce the heat boil gently until the mixture reaches soft ball stage. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate, beating till smooth. Pour into the tin and leave to set. Slice in squares and store in the fridge in a covered container.

Wrap up your fudge and deliver... before you eat it all!
fudge

8 comments:

Cat said...

I have never made fudge....until NOW!!!
yum
will let you know how it goes

love and light

Cat said...

okay just printed out these recipes
good for you for staying away from the sugar...this is a hard time to do it, but your body will thank you!

Wilfredo Vallee said...

Thanks for the great article and the great ideas.

Fiona said...

Just printed your Russian Fudge recipe, and shall make this today! Shall let you know how badly I ruin it! lol

Chanel bags for sale said...

...

I have been appearing constantly to find something like this! Great antic and I must sound out , it works heavy ....

Randal Samples said...

Continually handy... regardless of how many times look at this!

Gail said...

Made my Russian Fudge last night.... and you popped into mind!
Have a wonderful Christmas Leonie! Will it be your last in the land of Oz?

徵信社 said...

thankful to you and really pleased with the contents on your blog i am doing study concerning this issue. do you know other great sites