Monday, December 27, 2010

Handmade gifts

For Christmas this year I had a list of handmade gifts I wanted to make for the kids and for friends. When I started to prioritise I had to let some things go but here's what I did manage to make..
zippered pouches (pencil cases) for the kids to start at their new school - filled with some stationery goodies I picked up on special at Target.  Check out the tutorial here.. they come out so nice with a lining and nicely fitted zip..


And these peg bears for the kids

from this great book
One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Fabric Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric!
and these house decorations for the Kiwi Ornament Swap and some friends....
then stockings for cousins and their kids (some I did last year but needed to finish)
so thats it for christmas crafts this year... I'm sure I'll find something else I want to make now :)

4 comments:

Gail said...

Gosh you're a clever thing! I love the pencil cases. When I find my creative mo-jo I need to do some serious sewing! Well done!

Joni Llanora said...

Impressive! I wish I had your delightful skills! Will be part of my new year's resolution to attempt crafts. Glad you had a great Christmas! (You may want to pop over my blog for my latest giveaway.)

Posie Patchwork said...

Oh happy sewing, Merry Handmade Christmas to you & your family. Hope you're not too wet in Qld, love Posie

Fiona said...

They're all great gifts and I'm sure your kids appreciated all the work that went into making them. Love those stockings! I'm sure they'll be treasured for years to come.