Monday, January 3, 2011

Impromptu dinner with friends

I love doing things on the spur of the moment, unfortunately this happens a lot less frequently now we have three children, and also my husband is very much a routine person who doesn't like spontaneity like I do.

So when we get the chance to do something on the spur of the moment, I love it!!

Yesterday some friends we've been trying to get to the beach with (on Christmas Day - rained, saturday- rained, yesterday- weren't sure if it would rain - of course it was a beautiful day!)...anyway, they popped around to visit and invited us out for dinner with them and some other friends of theirs (who we knew from camping all together last Labour weekend)....

So we headed to the beautiful seaside setting of Redcliffe Pennisular (north of Brisbane) to my FAVOURITE restaurant, The Rustic Olive. 

We were early so went down by the Pier and took a few photos...


a photo of me and hubby... a rarity ... and he was talking - hence the funny expression...

We were lucky to be seated outside looking out across the road to the sea... gorgeous!


Im a creature of habit so ordered Seafood Risotto...jam packed with prawns, mussels, huge scallops!!! Heaven... and what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't take a photo of it... well, obviously not a very good one because I forgot until half way through!!
Miss 5 enjoyed her Spaghetti Bolognaise... her FAVOURITE food
She asked the waitress for Bisghetti Bolognaise with free icecream please (it did have that on the menu :))

we got to spend time with some lovely friends
followed by a walk out on the Pier
What a great night... will miss these guys!

5 comments:

Gail said...

Oh YUMMMMMMMMMM seafood risotto. I think I need to get out to dinner this week!

Cat said...

yes yum yum seafood ristotto!!!
looks like a lovely evening Leonie

love and light

The Clip Cafe said...

hehe yep I'm with everyone else - YUMM!!!!!! Great pics - you have such a lovely family :-)

jacksta said...

oooh I will have to try a seafood risotto one day! Sounds devine. Cool pics by the pier. :)

Sarah of 'Catching the Magic' said...

Happy New Year Leonie! Looks like a scrumptious meal and place, an old friend of mine moved from Welly to Redcliffe Peninsular a couple of years ago. She loves it.