Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Greatest of these is Love

Love is....11 years of marriage, three children, two international moves, 8 different houses, a gazillion photos, a few extra pounds, wrinkles and grey hairs...we've weathered storms, we've rejoiced at triumphs....


but LOVE is SO much more.

On our wedding day we had this bible verse


(yes the lovely Simone did a beautiful post about this verse yesterday)

Everday I need to remind myself of those important words
Love is....
Patient
Kind
not proud
not boastful
does not envy
keeps no records of wrongs
always protects, trusts, hopes and perserveres
is not self seeking or easily angered
does not keep record of wrong doings

LOVE NEVER FAILS


So even when the going is rough and 'life' gets in the way... we need to remind ourselves that LOVE stands before all in our marriage, that love will NEVER fail.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, love. But the greatest of these is LOVE (1 Corinthians 13:13)

Happy 11th Wedding Anniversary today, to my husband.  This year I pledge to kept this verse in the front of my mind...in fact I'm putting it on our wall, to remind us everyday of our commitment and also to remind us how far we've come.

I may not go so far as this though....
 
but I like the senitment.... lol...

11 years is pretty awesome and I am blessed to have a committed husband who puts his family before all else.  He is our provider, our rock. He is the man I have chosen to spend the rest of my life with and I will honour that vow, today and every day for the rest of my life.
Love ya heaps
xxx








15 comments:

Little Gumnut said...

Happy Anniversary Leonie!

jacksta said...

happy anniversary guys!
That butt tattoo is bizarre!
Have a fun week :)

Gail said...

Congratulations - 11 years is fabulous, praying for 11 + 11 + 11 +11 more years.

I love that tattoo..... I think I may have found my first tattoo..... hahaha.

CHD said...

Congratulations- happy anniversary. Lovely post. Cx

PaisleyJade said...

Such a beautiful post and photo (I'm referring to the first photo of course - haha). Love that verse - try to make it my focus too.

Posie Patchwork said...

Congratulations, love posts with ladies still so madly in love with their husbands. I just don't find it difficult to stay deeply in love with my husband either, yay for you!! That is quite the tattoo, wonder if she flashed that at her wedding?? Love Posie

Posie Patchwork said...

Congratulations, love posts with ladies still so madly in love with their husbands. I just don't find it difficult to stay deeply in love with my husband either, yay for you!! That is quite the tattoo, wonder if she flashed that at her wedding?? Love Posie

TracyP said...

Congratulations!!!

Cat said...

congratulations Leonie!
Love you dress!
11 years is awesome...and lots of work
but it is so worth it isn't it?

Love and Light

Sarah (Catching the Magic) said...

Awww, Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you've done more in 11 years than some people do in a life time! Well done & keep strong, you've obviously got something very special xxxx awww, & great pics too!

Fiona said...

Happy Anniversary!

Neetz said...

A wonderful tribute to a great marriage!! Congrats and all the best for many more anniversaries!! xxx

Naturally Carol said...

Thats a great post on love..I love those verses too..hard to do though...just as well He helps us in that!

Helen said...

Happy Anniversary Leonie! Here's to many more! (PS that tattoo is something else...lol)

Sue (Suzie Utoozie) said...

Congratulations 11 years is wonderful. The day before you I had my 37th wedding anniversary so I too know how wonderful it is to have a man committed to the marriage and family. The ups and downs and great joys of being married so long is wonderful. I truly wish you many many more wonderful years together.