Friday, March 11, 2011

Update: Softies for the Children of Christchurch

Wow, you guys are AMAZING!! I have softies arriving all the time and emails still arriving for people who want to send a softie. It is incredible the outpouring of love for these special Christchurch children.

And they are going to be so appreciated. I've heard stories about how traumatised the children are and with the aftershocks still going, it must be a living nightmare.

So heres a wee pic of some of the softies that have made their way to my doorstep so far....
they are just GORGEOUS!  I can't wait for them to go to their new homes.

A lovely bloggy friend is organising the transporting to Christchurch for me and we are working on which organisation will distribute them. Because Christchurch is still declared a 'state of emergency' the various organisations are still extremely busy.

I haven't put a close off date for this appeal yet, but Im thinking mid-late April would be good to get them sent down.

Thank you again to all  you wonderful people!!!

17 comments:

jacksta said...

So cool Leonie! Great job on being the chief organizer! You rock!

TracyP said...

WOW!!!! They are so amazing! And yes you do ROCK Leonie!!

Dee said...

man, i'd be tempted to keep a few for myself!! they are beautiful :)

PaisleyJade said...

So awesome - better get organised I finish making mine!!!

The South African Kiwis said...

WOW!

Naturally Carol said...

They are all cuddly and colourful..great work from everyone! Good on you Leonie.

HalfDozen said...

They all look wonderful!
Thanks for cordinating this drive.
I'm so glad my box got there safe & super fast

billie monster said...

Wonderful! :O)

Cotton Kiwi said...

Aw they look awesome sitting on your sunny bench. So many cuties in there!

emerson-j said...

they looks so cool, wonderful job u r doing!!

Dee said...

i linked you and this post here:
http://dee-construction.blogspot.com/2011/03/heather-hearts-christchurch.html

hope you don't mind.

thanks! Dee x

CHD said...

Thanks for organising this. I've made mine and will send it to you this week. Cx

holly said...

I have two items to send but I have lost the email you sent with the address. Can you please re-send?
hramer @ comcast dot net.
Thanks!

tlc said...

I do hope my softies arrive on your door step safely.
Gorgeous photos!

Beth said...

I would love details on how to help!!

Sue (Suzie Utoozie) said...

Oh this is wonderful. What a blessing you and all the people who made these cute cuddly toys are.

val said...

Hi Leonnie, I have just been to Cat's blog and watched the video "don't give up" - and read a mama's story, so moving. I think my two softies should be with you soon, but I am starting at least two more on Monday - "don't give up" and hope to get them to you before your end date of mid April.
May you be encouraged and blessed each day.
Thank you,
Val xx Oxfordshire UK