Sunday, May 8, 2011

happy mothers day

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mum's out there. Hope you've all had a lovely day.

Happy Mother's Day to my Mum too :)

In keeping things real, I can't say Ive had a great mother's day here.
Yes, I am lucky to have my beautiful children and yes, I should be rejoicing that the first thing I woke to this morning was them fighting, one screaming followed by lots of banging as they all made and flew paper airplanes all around the room. Nice.

Then my eldest wanted to make pancakes... which of course, I ended up doing.  Sigh.

But I guess I'm missing having hubby here to make the pancakes, referee the fights, allow me a sleep in. So yes, Im feeling a lot for those Mum's out there who do it on their own all the time! You are AMAZING women! all credit to you.

The day did get better.... (maybe it was my tears at the Four Square?)

Once they had agreed on who was giving what, they did spoil me some lovely Mother's Day presents and cards....

Mum and Dad came for lunch and I made a very yummy Roasted Pumpkin and Capsicum Soup (recipe to follow- made up by ME!).

Thank goodness for Mums... Mum saw the stress, the tiredness... and offered a sleepover to my eldest ...because for some reason my kids stop fighting when one is out of the mix??? (and it doesnt matter which one!)

I am so lucky to be a Mum and so lucky to have these three little miracles who are destined to do great things with all the great communication skills they are developing with each other (lol).
For that I am thankful.

I'm off to give them a big cuddle before they go to bed.

How was your day?

6 comments:

Widge said...

it is amazing how with just one gone it changes the whole dynamic isn't it!! lately it has been my oldest (almost 12!)and 4 year old youngest fighting the most...it is driving my crrraaaazzzyy!!!!

Have a wonderful relaxing evening if you can. LOVE the notebook. Very cool

feel for ya having hubby away so much xoxo

PaisleyJade said...

I find the exact same thing - one taken out of the mix and everything changes!

Been thinking of you and hoping your day was ok. xoxo

Notchka said...

My day was like any other really - Huz left at 7 and came home at 6 to a roast I made for him. I cleaned house, mothered my daughter, went shopping for a navy tie for him (urgent request for Monday muttered over his shoulder as leaving). My father turned up with a list of things for me to do for him on the computer...... Obviously next year I'm going to have to drop some major hints? A card would have been nice.

Naturally Carol said...

That made me laugh..reality! My kids used to be exactly the same..I think sometimes if it was a special day they were worse than normal with getting over excited and high expectations from adults making it all worse too!

Sarah of 'Catching the Magic' said...

Awww, so tough without your dear hubbie. Well done & so good to hear your Mum & Dad were there for you later on x

Simoney said...

happy mothers day to you wonderful mummy; one less is half the stress indeed!
apart from the pancake making, how are you enjoying your new place?
x