Monday, May 9, 2011

Roasted Pumpkin and Capsicum Soup

I have had a hankering for more pumpkin soup... because really, you can never have too much, right?

Watching River Cottage Everyday the other night I was interested that he put nut butter in the soup..sounds yum to me. I love Almond butter so will have to try it. I LOVE that show. REAL FOOD!!

But... I was dreaming of pumpkin soup and some roasted capsicum.  So this is what I came up with...


and it got the thumbs up from my Mum and Dad and ALL three kids!! YUSS!!!

Of course it has to be served with some freshly baked gluten free bread ...YUM!

5 comments:

Widge said...

yum! I've been making (and photographing ;) soup today too

Sima J said...

YAY thanks for putting it up! I ended up making up my own version (plus bread)since it wasn't quite up quick enough hehe - I left the skins on my capsicum .. I hope they aren't yuk!

Fiona said...

I love pumpkin soup, but I usually make it with roasted butternut squash - gorgeous flavour!

PaisleyJade said...

YUM!! Made pumpkin soup the other week and also was inspired by the River Cottage episode with nut butter and lime etc!! This looks and sounds delicious.

Andie | Red Strawberries said...

That sounds really good :) Will have to try it