Thursday, June 16, 2011

My creative space....

here's a cushion a made for my sister's birthday last month

My sister is the Op shop queen. She has scored so many Op Shop bargains over the years.

So this year, as I am trying hard to do a year of making gifts... I made her a cushion



The Doily is thrifted, the denim is thrifted. The inner is made of a thrifted pillow case.
(even the chair I photograph everything one is thrifted...my parents bought it for my youngest daughter and repainted it - I LOVE IT!!)

She loves her cushion(phew!).

I also grabbed a thrifted jar and filled it with buttons (as well as gluing a few on the top of the cork). Her and I have a little friendly competitiveness about our button collections.. of course mine is still better (hehe!)
whats happening in your creative space today?

linking up here at Our Creative Spaces.

8 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Totally loving that cushion!!!

Lisa said...

the cushion is awesome!

Sima J said...

SUCH a good idea for keeping buttons - I am gonna be on the look out for a good button jar now to replace my ugly plastic one!

Little Gumnut said...

I'm in love with the blue and white cushion! Love that nautical beachy feel!!

Trace said...

lovely cushion!

Dee said...

Gorgeous cushion Leonie! Lucky sister! :) x

gretchenmist . . . {belinda} said...

it's really sweet!

ButtonMad said...

This doilies....gosh so much incredible work went into them...it's great to see them reused...