Thursday, June 30, 2011

My creative space

This week Ive had the knitting needles out....

Making wrist warmers for me....

At the markets last week I bought this gorgeous beanie....


 but its cold and I needed some wrist warmers... after scouring the internet to see if I could figure out what stitch the hat was.... I came up with these....



there are a few changes I might make to them..but they are warm and I love them....

And my little Miss 5 now wants some... so here's the first (very rough) one....

linking up with Our Creative SPaces...

15 comments:

LeelaBijou said...

So pretty! Great work :)

Jill said...

You matched the stitch of the beanie really well! Cute colours for your daughter's ones!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

lamina @ do a bit said...

I so need a pair of those wrist warmer...they look lovely! I think that will be my next knitting project :)

PaisleyJade said...

They looks fabulous! Very warm for our freezing weather!

Tracy said...

Oh I like these ..what about leg warmers..any patterns for those?
How cold is it getting over there?

jacksta said...

very cool!

Yana said...

they look lovely and warm, and match the beanie perfectly :)

Amber said...

Love that grey! They look so snuggly and warm. I made some wrist warmers for my sister last week and now wish I had some too!

Faeryfay said...

Wow! They are gorgeous -both the wrist warmers and the hat! Gorgeous! What stitch is it?

Leonie said...

I think its open star stitch... thats what Ive used.... after much googling!! lol

Pink Ronnie said...

Awesome - I love leg/arm/wrist warmers! They're almost a staple when it's winter time here in Sydney. The grey colour is just lovely..
Ronnie xo

Remaliah said...

Wow, awesome work Leonie! They look like they were bought together. Looks nice and cosy warm too :)

Sam Findlay said...

These look great a perfect match! The multi colour ones are really fun too!

Gaby said...

Gorgeous! I love the stitch you used at the top of the wrist warmers :)

Neetz said...

Awww mate, those are an awesome match!! you ROCK!! And I love the little colourful ones too...yeah! xxx