Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Rainbow Party!!!



Rainbow's are a frequent sight where we live, we see them almost daily.

Miss K and I LOVE rainbows so we decided it would have a to be rainbow themed birthday party for her 10th Birthday.

Miss K's Birthday started off with a cooked breakfast then she headed off to church with Nana and Poppa while my two little helpers and I got organised.
We had a family lunch, of seafood noodles, the birthday girls choice, and this was the cake for our family time... have been loving see this idea on Pinterest.


Perfect cake for this little budding artist!!!


Then it was time for the party guests to arrive....

the scene was set...


A cloud inspired by this crafty lady.... and a rainbow inspired by Pinterest....
For the first time in YEARS I didn't make bunting for this party...just this string of rainbow pom poms...


 $2 shop rainbow pinwheels in jars of 'clouds'


Pebbles (smarties) painstakingly sorted and layered in this cool as jar from the op shop!



Rainbow jelly... seven boxes of jelly, slowly poured in, set, repeat... took two days!! in these cool mason jars for only $1.49 from Pak N Save....


Some ceiling decorations....

There were pressies to open...


Games to play....


and CAKE!!!!


It was followed by a very noisy sleepover!!

Then pancakes and party bags to go in the morning......

All in all, a successful 10th party!!!

24 comments:

Flying Blind... said...

OMG the cake was amazing! What a brilliant theme, well done x

PaisleyJade said...

Love love love it!!! You and Simone should start a party business!

Choppy said...

Spectacular!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca said...

Oopps I'm still Choppy....Rebecca here!

meg said...

Gorgeous party Leonie, I love rainbows too! The cake and those jellies are so gorgeous.

Cat said...

wow
amazing party Leonie
lovely!

the cake look picture perfect!

love and light

Lyndel said...

how wonderful! when I saw the cake in yr blog a day or 2 ago I though, gee its a bit high for a birthday cake! now I see why.... fantastic!

Katie said...

I adore rainbows and now I want a party like this one! I have pinned this post and intend to hint to the husband for my 30th later this year! Especially love the pebbles in the jar and the jelly.

Sammy said...

What an amazing party! Clever you! I love how you did it, its fresh and pretty and just plain gorgeous!

Karen Wilson said...

That looks awesome! Can't wait for my little one to be old enough to enjoy birthday parties! We haven't even reached 1 yet and I've seen so many great ideas that I want to try out.

Tammi said...

Rainbows are perfect party themes...love all the little details and that cake is amazing.
I'm off to a rainbow party this weekend and can't wait.
xx

Sima J said...

WOW that party is seriously impressive! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the rainbow jelly!!

jacksta said...

well done Leonie. Im glad your party planning creative juices are flowing once again ;)

Jaz from Treacy Travels said...

All completely beautiful!! xx

Miss Becky-Boo said...

You're amazing hun!

Catherine said...

OMG would you take a look at that cake!! !!
You are talented beyond belief - I am blown away by the birthday parties fellow bloggers are putting on for their kidlets - AMAZING -

Sarah of 'Catching the Magic' said...

BLIMEY!!! I am in absolute AWE! So many wonderful, marvellous, beautiful ideas! No wonder you've had no time for blogging! You are INCREDIBLE!!!! Your daughter is beautiful and I hope she realises how very, very, lucky she is to have such an amazing Mum!

Well done and so happy you had a fabulous time!

Hope you're recovering well x Sarah

Lady Muck said...

Wow... all those gorgeous details! What a great theme to have - so many possibilites with decor and food. I love looking at photos of exquisite parties like these! x

Meghan at MNM's said...

Wow so many cool ideas here. Looks like an amazing time had by all :-). I so think i need a rainbow party for myself and i know just who to ask to plan it now!

Widge said...

wowzers!!!
Absolutely gorgeous ALL OF IT!!!!
wow
love
in awe!
Happy Birthday lucky Miss K!

knightlight said...

beautiful!!!!! what an awsome theme!!

Simoney said...

AMAZING Leonie; AMAZING. PLEEEASE link this up to the party linky when you get the chance...

My personal favs?
~The rainbow jelly (I am so impressed)
~the rainbow smarties (such patience!)
and that CAKE!!!
Best looking rainbow cake i have SEEN.
And that's saying something.
xx

Maxabella said...

You pulled off THE cake! Well done!

This is a fantastic party. I hope my Cappers' is just as successful. I better get to work!

x

Maxabella said...

You pulled off THE cake! I am so impressed!

I better get cracking if Cappers' party is to be anything near as good. Gorgeousness! x