Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bitten by the Bug

So aside from my Pinterest addiction (by the way you can find me HERE)

I have a new love and addiction.

Crochet! Finally I have got it and I am L.O.V.I.N.G. it!!!

It started with innocent granny squares... which are still in progress...


a few dishcloths....



then I spent 2 hours working the foundation chain for this granny stripe blanket.


Its 180 chains wide...Im wondering if I might have bitten off and bit too much but I am enjoying it.


And then on Monday I made this little beanie and slippers for a friends new baby....


and because the Beanie Kid was the closest thing I have to a baby around here...
Apparently she needs her own set now....


So Im hooked (pun intended) and wondering what to launch myself into next (once the unfinished blankets are done of course, who me? unfinished projects??).

I have found so much inspiration around the bloggy world, there are so many creative people out there..here are some of my crochet favourites

I LOVE this blog, the colours, the style...oh I hope one day I will be so clever - Little Woollie
And this gorgeous blog - AnneMaries Breiblog
and another favourite -  Haken En Meer

And of course my local bloggy friends who crochet have inspired me too -  Paisley Jade and Becky Boo and South African Kiwis

And there's plenty of inspiration over here at Our Creative Spaces.

14 comments:

Miss Becky-Boo said...

So good Leonie! Looking forward to seeing what else you create. You must show me how you did those little booties.

PaisleyJade said...

Wow - you have been bitten by the bug indeed! Just love what you've been making. That blanket looks amazing!!!

jacksta said...

♥ lovely!!♥

Simoney said...

I KNEW were a closet craft nerd! PJ must be so proud of her crocheting prodigy! I am IMPRESSED!
x

Carey Morris said...

I don't crochet but I do love the crochet blankets a sister in law made for my kids. I'm amazed at how a blanket with so many holes can be so warm and they make great tents. I love Pinterest and see lots of great crochet ideas on there, a few wacky ones too! Keep up the good job

Catherine said...

one of my 100 challenges is to teach myself to crochet!
Your blanket is awesome LOVE LOVE LOVE and I love my dishcloths too!

Just home from Dr's and Tsunami is still contagious ;'( tomorrow needs to be postponed *gutted*

Tammi said...

It's not hard to become addicted is it :)
Happy hooking.

x

Lyndel said...

I'm with Catherine, I promised myself I'd learn crochet too, I have been knitting for over 55 years... time to try something else eh?
Well done You, wonderful first projects♥

Jennie said...

wow - i love what you've been doing - especially the rainbow blanket! Our 10 yr old has got the bug now - started her own blanket.
love it!x

Leonie said...

I am so learning how to crochet! Love Love Love your rainbow blanket - please finish it! :)

T's Daily Treasures said...

You have started with great projects that are easily worked up. I've never even attempted a hat or baby booties. I love granny squares (which I just figured out) and the granny stripe, and dishcloths are great little gifts. Enjoy! Best wishes, Tammy

Jess said...

It's very addictive! I love your little hat and shoe set. Colours are fab. I know the feeling of time consuming blankets but I am keeping the finish in mind to spur me on! I find LOTS of creative ideas out in the blog world, but have to be careful not to have too many projects going at once and finishing none. Enjoy your new found friend :)

Katie said...

Lovely crochet! And I am swooning at your rainbow granny stripe - may have to copycat you :-)

Fiona said...

Took me a long time to get the hang of crochet and I love it too - there's definitely something addictive about making granny squares! A blanket is next on my list when I can find the right wool.

Your squares, blanket and beanie / slippers all look fabulous. Some other great crochet blogs for you: Attic 24, Crochet with Raymond and Le Monde du Sucrette.