Monday, August 29, 2011

Softies for the children of Christchurch - long overdue update

Hi all those lovely people who contributed to the Softies for the Children of Christchurch.

Sorry its been a while since Ive posted an update.

A couple of months ago a good friend of mine arranged for the Softies to travel to Christchurch on board an courier (thanks to RETKO LOGISTICS for providing this for us!)

I hope that 99% of the softies are in this collage. I apologise sincerely if you dont see yours here, it was hard getting this collage to behave!!

It is now six months since the day that changed the lives of Cantebrians for ever. Our love and prayers continue to be with the people who have lost loved ones, lost their homes, and been traumatised by this event.

The Rangiora Earthquake Express has been distributing the Softies for me in Christchurch. I am hoping they can send me some photos of the happy recipients soon and I'll share them with you. You can check out The Rangiora Earthquake Express here on facebook. They are doing a tremendous job in helping people rebuild their lives.

Thank you to EVERYONE who contributed to this wonderful cause. I would love to thank you all individually but I am unable to so please take this as my BIG THANK YOU to all. :)

7 comments:

jacksta said...

well done Leonie. Great orgnanising skills.

TracyP said...

What an awesome effort you made for this wonderful thing to happen Leonie!!!

A Keeper said...

Wow Leonie, great job on organising this!!

tartankiwi said...

Well done Leonie, on an awesome effort. Lets hope these lead to lots of smiling faces :-)

PaisleyJade said...

Wonderful! I bet there are a lot of kids that are so grateful for your amazingly awesome idea. Thank you!!

meg said...

So impressive and kind and lovely. x

Little Gumnut said...

That's an amazing thing to have done Leonie, well done!