Friday, September 2, 2011

BLOGGY FRIEND LOVING

It is that time again, time for another change in my life. Time to be reunited with my hubby, and our children with their Daddy. A time to celebrate us as a family. A time to move...again. Back across the ditch to the land of plenty. Back to old friends, an old life.

I have plenty of experience of moving, and plenty of experience of making new friends. I have lived in Auckland, Whangarei, USA, Hamilton, Brisbane and now Waipu.  Along the way I have met a lot of people and made a lot of special friends.

But in this post, even though I have lots of beautiful lovely friends in my life, I want to concentrate on one group of friends.

Nothing prepared me for what God had in store for me on my return to New Zealand.

A whole bunch of beautiful friends. All met through our love for blogging, and more so, each others blogs.

It started off only days after we arrived back, with meeting Simone and Gail and I have been so lucky to stay at Simone's a few times and she is someone I just hit it off with IRL (Gail too of course!!!). Nights spent up talking to 1.30am... days still talking and Simone hosting wonderful bloggy get togethers...for morning tea and dessert.

I have also met a bunch of other GORGEOUS bloggers who are also IRL friends....but for now I want to concentrate on my local bloggy friends.....

THE .... Whangarei bloggers....


I first met these beautiful girls at the Town Basin in Whangarei, for a morning tea.  Nervous much?? eek I was freaking out. Will they like me? am I too loud? too fat? .... blah blah blah.  But you can read all about that here.


I have no idea what I was worrying about. INSTANT FRIENDS!!!
Seriously.

These girls have been my saving grace this year.  Hand picked for me. Special women with special qualities, all chosen to be in my life.

I am blessed, I am humbled, to know I am so deserving of these special people in my life.

They have lifted me up, they have held my hand, they have helped to dry my tears. They have laughed with me, they have shared, they have been my friend, unconditionally. 

It is so refreshing to be so open, transparent... to just be yourself and be accepted.

I know a lot of people out there who could learn a lot from these girls. About acceptance, trust and friendship.

My friends, I love you and appreciate you, I am so thankful to have you in my life.

for cups of coffee...

crafting in the park...

celebrating birthdays in the park....

for a little bit of crafting.....

for monkeying around
and even trips to Spotlight together!

Lots of THIS!!!


Lots of this....



YOU GIRLS ROCK!!!

Yesterday I met up with a few of the girls for morning tea and goodbyes
and then last night a group of us went to my favourite eatery in Whangarei, The Fat Camel. YUM!
We had so many laughs, we were so raucous....but boy did I feel so loved, accepted and blessed.


One of these extra special girls made me a video, she is singing my favourite song... how special is this... I cried and cried and cried....and then cried some more. Tears of sadness that I have to leave these friends so soon, tears of joy for having them in my life, tears of thankfulness.
(make sure you click, watch on You tube if it says embedding disabled) still crying when I watch this...





Oh and Juanita.... I get the last laugh my dear....

hmmmm.... i wonder who knocked this over??? lol.



Linking up with my gorgeous real life friend Paisley Jade


button2

20 comments:

Stace said...

aww this was such a great read Leonie, I didnt realise you were living over here without your hubby, so cool you will all be reunited soon. Best wishes and thanks for sharing your beautiful friends x

Fiona said...

Wow - you were moving at the same time I did about 6 months ago and now you're moving back. I really don't envy you all the work that goes with it (I don't want to move again for at least 2 years!!), but I wish you the smoothest move ever (you've had lots of practice after all!) and lots of happiness when the family is reunited.

Jennifer said...

They certainly are an amazing group of ladies, I felt privileged to meet most of them (and you of course!) when I was visiting.

Will be thinking of you as you move back to Australia, Leonie, I hope that you'll settle back into life over there quickly. At least you will still be able to connect with everyone back in NZ through your blog! That's something I have been missing lately.

Jennifer x

jacksta said...

aw...great post. Now Im sad :( It really wont be the same without you :(

Helen said...

LOVE seeing all the pics of Whangarei and all the Whangarei girls. Safe travels xo

Penny said...

Wow that is so special leonie! So glad NZ has been a good time for you. Even better things ahead though as you get to see your hubby!
All the best in Oz, was lovely to get to meet you and will still be "seeing" you on your blog xx

Lyn said...

Well I have only met one of the 'Whangarei bloggers' (PaisleyJade) and she was pretty lovely so I can only imagine what the rest of them are like!!

All the best with your next move - I can't imagine moving house that often (having only moved once in the last 6 years, that was enough!), but I guess it makes you a very flexible family, and the upside is loads of friends all over the world!!!

Lyn said...

PS bawling my eyes out about 30 seconds into that video...whoever thought to put that song to it...genius!!

Rebecca said...

Wow that was so beautifully written Leonie!! All the best for the the big move x

PaisleyJade said...

Sob sob sob. So glad we had the chance to meet you Leonie - even if it was only for a short while, I know we will all keep in touch! So many great memories and we are going to miss you soooooooooooo much. Beautiful post. xoxo

kendylsPlace said...

So sweet! Makes me wish I still lived in Whangarei so I could've maybe been part of the cool kids club and got to know you too! All the best over there...

Posie Patchwork said...

Oh that is quite the farewell tour of a blog post, their loss is our gain in Australia, yahoo & welcome back, love Posie

intermittentblogger said...

What a lovely post Leonie - it looks like you are going to be missed!

Gail said...

Isn't God good Leonie?? My prayer is that you will never lose sight of Him because He will always fill the gap with more than you can anticipate.
I'm so glad that you are returning to Aussie full and not empty! I'm so glad that you will be reunited with your hubby and your kids will have their dad daily in their lives again! Those are lifes important things!!
I'm so sad that you won't be able to join simone and I for drinks on the deck again this coming summer.... but SO glad that we have another excuse for a pop across the ditch.
You are a beautiful person, an absolute delight. Don't ever underestimate the beauty that He has placed in creating you AS YOU ARE. You will impact where ever you go. Be blessed and SEE YOU SOON!! xx

Jaz from Treacy Travels said...

I'm glad you made such beautiful friends and I'm glad to have met you just briefly, just the once. But blogging make us feel as though we have more friends all around the world. It's such a lovely thing. Best wishes for your journey and future, I can't wait to keep following your posts. Take care xx

Simoney said...

MISS YOU ALREADY and so glad to have gotten to know you in REAL LIFE - thank goodness for blogging, I say, its such a blessing.
Love you HEAPS!!!!!!
xx

Miriam said...

Leonie - new places, new adventures, family closeness - beautiful things and a friendship group to travel with you wherever you are. May all things be better than expected . x.

Neetz said...

Oh my lovely friend.... I have only just found this post and it's made me really really miss you... *tear* no, not "tear"...PLURAL, "tears" ;)
We really have been blessed with our awesome bloggy bunch here in Whangarei, and you will always be a special part of that! We will definately meet up again (hugs), and keep in touch ;) so it won't feel like youre too far away!
And to the rest of the crew...Love you guys too xxxxxx
Love and huge sloppy cuddles, Juanita (Neetz, Nita, Neety, etc..) lol
PS: haha you cheeky thing with that glass of water!! Man classic!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sara said...

Isn't it amazing how the blogosphere can connect you with amazing people who become your friends all over the world! Wishing you all the best in your upcoming move. And yes... Those little bracelets can be quite addictive. Wishing you happy weekend. :)

The South African Kiwis said...

Missing you my friend!