Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Coconut Panna Cotta -dairy and gluten free

On Pinterest you can find me here... a lot... Im addicted. Its just so pretty and the food all looks so yummy!!

And I have found heaps of great dairy free/gluten free recipes too... so time to try them out.

Hubby and I went out for a date on Saturday night and before we went I quickly whipped up this easy dessert for us to have.

The recipe is from here, Inspiring The Everyday.

Coconut Panna Cotta Recipe


1-15 ounce (425g) can coconut milk
¼ cup sugar
2 inch piece of vanilla bean, scraped (I used 1 tsp organic vanilla extract instead)

1 ¾ teaspoons powdered gelatin
2 Tablespoons cold water

1. In a small bowl sprinkle gelatin over the water and stir. Set aside to bloom.
2. In a small sauce pan heat the coconut milk, sugar and vanilla bean to a boil.
3. Strain coconut milk into a mixing bowl.
4. Whisk in as much as a quarter cup of the coconut milk into the gelatin to melt.
5. Pour gelatin mixture into the remaining coconut milk.
6. Fill desired jars, compotes or bowls and place in refrigerator for 4 hours.

In the orginal recipe they also make a fig sauce and Im not a fan of figs so we just put some grated (dairy free) chocolate on ours. But I would definately put SOME fruit or syrup with it. Even though  it is very yummy it needs the fruit as well.

This recipe was so quick, will be something I make again and YIPPEE for being able to eat it.


2 comments:

Fay said...

Yum!

Fiona said...

Yum ... I'll definitely be making this one. I LOVE panna cotta!

You need a 'follow me on pinterest' button for your blog!! I'm addicted too!