I have tired several times to write a post about this year. But I am really stuck. Its like a bloggers block or something.
What I really want to do is be honest and say, 2011 you sucked. Good bye. (please read on I promise its not all whinging and gloom)....
But I know thats not really fair. Because theres has been a lot of GOOD stuff in amongst the tough stuff this year. Its just all the GOOD stuff is making me really homesick and emotional as well!
So Im keeping it real. Im not going to gloss over it with pretend happiness and joy. Im just going to say it how it is.
2011 has been a year of monumental change for our family. And we all know change can be tough. And really sometimes I dont care if it will make me stronger. I am like a toddler having a tantrum. I do not WANT to do it! okay!
So what has 2011 taught me....
21 things I learnt in 2011....
1. The Queensland floods were scary. Floods are scary. Earthquakes are scary. Watching what the people of Christchurch have been through this year has broken my heart.
2. When there are disasters, people are AMAZING! People are generous of heart, spirit and body. Incredible.
3. Cutting out sugar makes me lose weight... or maybe it is cutting our gluten, dairy, egg and sugar???
4. Shoes are not compulsory in New Zealand. Even for teachers. I likey..and I forgot!
5. I have met a bunch of bloggers this year and they rock. Many of them have become very significant friends in my life.
6. Just because you want to return to live in your homeland, does not mean there will be jobs.
7. Moving internationally is draining. Moving internationally twice in one year...well that is just madness.
8. Having my baby start school was really emotional. Nobody tells you how quiet it will be without her.
9. My kids are INCREDIBLE. I tell you. They are AMAZING.
10. I had a breast lump removed as well as a Gastroscopy at the same time, and the gastroscopy was more painful afterwards. Who would have thought?? (*edited to add: having a breast lump removed is not painfree believe me...just wasn't expecting to be so sore from the gastroscopy!)
11. I learnt to crochet this year.
12. I now have two autoimmune diseases, it seems my body doesn't like itself very much. It's kind of like my kids fighting, I wish my body would just get over it and play nice.
13. People are incredible.
14. We have made too many trips to the hospital this year..
15. I love to crochet.
16. It is hard to forgive.
17. I turned 40 and said I didn't want a party. I lied.
18. I can do being alone and not lonely
19. I was 40 the first time I rode in an ambulance. But for my daughter, not me.
20. I can live without a telephone line. Seriously. (just my mobile and internet ,no home line for almost one year)
21. I haven't had a cold/flu for exactly one WHOLE year!! woohoo!! (and no immunisation for me!) and Im going to share my (not so secret) secret in future posts!
A few of my favourite pics of the year.....
and just in case you missed it..bloggers rock. Thanks to everyone who visits my little blog. I have recently ticked over 200 followers and I am incredibly grateful. Thanks for your comments, love and support.
Thank you to all those bloggers who contributed to the Softies for Christchurch, your generosity and kindness were incredible and humbling.
All the best to everyone for the New year. I am sure 2012 is going to be INCREDIBLE!!!