Monday, December 5, 2011

Hello..

Hello.... tap.. tap.. is there anyone there??? I would forgive you if you'd up and left, I've been such a slack blogger lately.  All caught up again in that will I?, won't I ?gig....

Nasty 'Mr Comparison' paid a visit and I have been pushing down insecurities like a whack-a-mole.

It's not as if I don't have anything to blog about.. plenty of blog fodder.

So, hey, here I am again and its December!! eek.

So what has been happening in these parts??

My kids have finished school and officially been on holidays since Friday at midday.. although one of them started her holidays early after a bad asthma attack on Wednesday night and a trip to the hospital. Boy was that scary.

We had a birthday party for my youngest last week... and I made ANOTHER rainbow cake...must blog about it.


Ive been receiving heaps of HAPPY mail... wow, real mail is one way to make this girl feel LOVED!! Lots to blog about there!

We've been to 50 Christmas end of year things at school, my kids have eaten 200 candy canes each and I've provided 36 plates of food... well not really, but it sure feels like it!


Ive been squeezing in some visits to the op shops and found some great scores!

And I've been crafting up a storm, seriously! about time too.

Please lovely followers come back tomorrow and regular programming will resume ...

16 comments:

Lady Muck said...

Love the gingerbread houses. I have made one here too, but it took about 3 years off my life expectancy. Baker I am, structural engineer, not so much :).

Looking forward to seeing what you've been making in the lead-up to christmas. Don't let that comparison bug bite you - it nibbles away at me too!. We all have a unique voice in the blogosphere and need to keep sharing, making, creating, especially you. :)

Lady Muck said...

Oh, and so sorry to hear about the asthma attack - I can only imagine how scary that must have been. I hope your kids are all really well for the holidays so you can enjoy lots of fun together in the sun. :)

Flying Blind... said...

Never fear - we've not gone away!
Hope all are well now xxx

Penny said...

Noboday could be slacker than me Leonie! And I don't really mind...I'm blogging the way it suits ME now.
Love reading your stuff....and that cake looks amazing!!!!

Renee said...

Welcome back!! Although I'm not exactly "Miss Regular-and-Riveting Blogger" myself :P

Can't wait to see more of your creations :)

Helen said...

I was just thinking today you'd been a bit quiet on the old blog front :) Great to see you back! I am drooling over those gingerbread houses! And wow your daughter is gorgeous!

Little Gumnut said...

still here, still reading! Just a bit short on reading time at the moment with so much christmas present sewing going on!

Simoney said...

DID YOU MAKE ALL THOSE GINGERBREAD HOUSES???
No wonder you have no time to blog, lady!!!
Impressive!
xx

jacksta said...

PaisleyJade said...

Such a busy time of year aye! Love your beautiful cakes (and daughter). Miss you. xoxo

Neetz said...

Aw mate... I feel absolutely run off my feet too... even a bit overwhelmed with "where I'm meant to be at what time etc..." arrghh.. perhaps that's why I'm constantly sick at the moment....with coughs and colds etc..? anyway..I am going to ENJOY my christmas!!! I know you will too xxx

Jules said...

Good to see you back, have missed reading your posts (not that I'm a regular blogger myself), but I love reading your blog :o)

The gingerbread houses look amazing, well done!

Lotti said...

Love the gingerbread houses and the face painting (very beautiful) and I think that you should just have confidence and go for it in the blogging department .... don't compare yourself to others. Be you and enjoy it.

Gail said...

I have a hankering for some rainbow cake. I must bring back some food colouring!

I am a bloggy slacker..... I've been watching helplessly as my followers keep dropping!

Love those gingerbread houses!

Tammi said...

Looks like you have been having far too much fun to be blogging :)

x

Natural Mama said...

Oh asthma attacks are so scary. I'm glad she is all better!
Can't wait to see all the crafty goodness you are making :)