Friday, December 23, 2011

The stockings were hung.... just in the nick of time

I am just finishing up making my kids some temporary Christmas stockings... using old wool blankets, doilies and sheets... and a little bit of crocheting and embroidery.

I actually love them, they are so imperfect and so scruffy!! A little bit rustic and soft and 'worn'.




The kids LOVE them... and that's all that matters...

The kids heirloom stockings I made them (painstaking, expensive, many hours of love..) are in our container in NZ (long story) ...  this is the first year in the last 6 that I haven't run classes for friends to make stockings.

Right, onto the next task.

x

7 comments:

Miriam said...

they look fantastic - inspired to make some for mine now - NEXT year!

CHD said...

I love the blankets you used- would love some of those colours in my stash. Hope you have a lovely Christmas. Cx

Tammi said...

Love, love, love these...they are PERFECT!!

Happy Holidays Leonie.

Xx

PaisleyJade said...

Oh my - those are seriously the best stocking ever!! I must pin them right now!! ;)

Debbie @ Aspiring Mum said...

They are fantastic! Have a wonderful Christmas :)

weza said...

They turned out really well! Im just about to post my ones too. You bet me too it. xxx

banban said...

They are lovely! Must make some for my kiddies for next year!