Friday, March 9, 2012

Loving ... and never say never

Lots to love this week!

So many positive things are happening for our family at the moment.

Who thought that only a mere few months ago I vowed and declared I would NEVER go back to work full time and NEVER put my kids in after school care. Well, yes I did. And I've said it for years. Turns out it works really well for all of us. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new workplace, it's a really positive environment with excellent facilities, training and people. I LOVE using my brain again (and boy has it been getting a workout). And the bonus is the kids have settled into after school care beautifully.

Our weeks are 'full on' but it forces us to be organised and things go much more smoothly than I ever imagined.

Last weekend we moved (yep, great timing huh 10 days into a new job!) to a new rental... one without airconditioning in the heat of Brisbane's summer... I said I'd NEVER EVER live in a house without air conditioning... lol...

.....and our living area still looks like this.. yep I know, shocking, but keeping it real people!!

We also welcomed into our family a beautiful new addition... the beautiful Miss Tosca (from the equally beautiful Lisa ... you should go say hi to Lisa it was her birthday this week!)
Miss Tosca is a beautiful wee kitten who has stolen our hearts and is settling in nicely. She has made a few escape attempts, like at 8am into the park next door, in the gardens, under the bushes... yep, me running around in my work clothes bravely ducking under plants and trees (something I'd prefer not to do in Australia!!)

The best thing is how this boy of mine is learning about pets. He was terrified of all animals and even of little wee Tosca when she arrived, tonight he is confidently cuddling her and its so cool to see the benefit of having a pet for him.
excuse the hair cut, his mother put the wrong guide on the hair clippers... oops! at least its nice and cool, right?
I'm also loving that tomorrow my hubby and I celebrate 12 years of marriage. It's seems to have gone so fast! We are fortunate enough that a dear friend is having our children for the afternoon and overnight .. but we are still undecided about what to do!!! Suggestions!!


I'm also loving that last week I got a new car *whoop whoop*.  A pretty blue one, whom we have named 'Cookie Monster'....

So that's us, lots to love and not much time to blog about it!!

Linking up ....

with the lovely Paisley Jade... just can't get the button to work.

14 comments:

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Oh, so exciting! I am so thrilled to see you happy and fully of energy.
Love cookie monster, and well, Miss Tosca is adorable!
Have a wonderful wedding anniversary, they come around so quickly (later this month is our 10 year wedding anniversary) Go out for dinner or do some thing you both love to do - enjoy!
Yay to new rental!
PS: we are still living out of boxes, after 8 months. I am hoping that will change on Sunday after a delivery of some new furniture (finally!)
Big hugs to you! Cat xox

Remaliah said...

It's funny how often we say 'never' to something we end up doing :) What a gorgeous kitten. Hope she stays around home! It's amazing how animals can be wonderful therapy. Happy Anniversary...I hope you both find a great way to celebrate it together. Have a great weekend!

Sima J said...

CLASSIC cookie monster car .. it SO is it's name! haha :-) Great to hear good things are happening (and lucky for you it's the END of summer so hopefully the non-air conditioning will not be a problem!)

Melody ♪♫ said...

What a sweet-looking kitty! She looks like the one we got when first married 20 years ago...

And I'm totally jealous of your car (I'm in ♥ with all things cobalt!) but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to drive it with the steering wheel on the wrong side. ;D

jacksta said...

loads of great stuff. So glad things are working out for you all :)

jennie said...

Lots of lovely stuff happening at last! Happy Anniversary Leonie, I hope you guys have a great day!XXXJ

Neetz said...

Yay..awesome when things work out well! Yay for more $$ and brain-cell useage! Yay for pets, and Tosca is just gorgeous! Yay for the blue cookie monster, though I thought after your red ruby, you may have called the new one "sapphire" or something.... lol

Yay yay yay!!! ((hugs)).

Sammy said...

Happy anniversary! And love the little kitty- she's gorgeous!

Ange (Tall, Short and Tiny) said...

Hope you had a lovely wedding anniversary - gorgeous photo! And that kitten...I'm sure she'd melt even my cat-hating husband's heart!!

PaisleyJade said...

Love your cat and car!!! Thanks for linking up and so sorry about my button issues!

Meghan at MNM's said...

So great to hear you are enjoying your new job and adjusting to new routines...that's one sweet little kitty you have there.

Congrats on your anniversary too..awesome achievement!

Oh and you must get some great looks driving Cookie Monster around..she's a real head turner!

Lyn said...

gorgeous kitten! and happy anniversary - we just celebrated 10 years :-) All the best with your new season of 'working' too!

Jaz from Treacy Travels said...

So much awesomeness.well done!! xx

Sarah of 'Catching the Magic' said...

Wow! So much to love and you've been so busy! So happy for you and really love the cute kitten, gorgeous pics and your 'Cookie Monster' car! Hee, hee!

Really happy for you all that everyone's happily settling into their new routines - all sounds so good.

Have a great week all :)