Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Crafting space

This past week I have been creating my crafting space so I can start crafting and joining in again with My creative space each week.

I thought you might like a little glimpse (while it's still tidy... except for the dust bunnies on the floor - oops, keeping it real here!) of my space. 

Most of our furniture and my crafting stuff is in New Zealand and as such I have had to thrift almost everything in my craft room (which makes it eclectic and mine).

The big exception of course is the much desired Expedit bookcase from IKEA. I have wanted one of these for about 4 years! Of course I found one in damaged packaging in the 'as is' section and saved myself over $40 (yep. why pay full price?).

It fits perfectly along a wall of our second living area (which is now my craft space). 


It is filled with things I love ... wool...


books....
(My favourite most used is A Home Companion by Wendyl Nissen and loving the new one 'Down to Earth' from Rhonda Hetzel!)

Button's from Meghan and coasters from Kristy....

I love wooden cotton reels and these were such a find at the local markets.

Yummy fabrics....

The leaning tower of vintage suitcases
My BEST second hand buy in the last twelve months! An old armoire which was already painted this pretty blue... for  $8 people!!!!
Hanging above is bunting from last years bunting swap and postcards/cards from the very clever and talented Jennie and Dee.

My tree of brooches. I love them. Each has a story and a meaning to me. I try to wear one every day.
And the kittencat
She just loves to craft.

The sewing table... lacking in the chair department at this stage, but I know the perfect chair is out there waiting at an op shop or garage sale for me to take it home and pretty it up for my craft space.


Joining in with My Creative spaces here.

20 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

I am sitting in my office at work drooling over your craft space!!!!

Miriam said...

Looks like a gorgeous totally inspiring place!

Katie said...

Wow Leonie - love your craft space. Especially the Expedit - great for crafty bits and pieces. I wish IKEA would get to NZ shores!
Happy crafting in your lovely space.

Tammi said...

What a gorgeous space you have there Leonie...I imagine it will inspire you no end :)
I am completely smitten with vintage suitcases too and love your little collection of wooden spools.
Happy crafting.
x

Neetz said...

Wonderful craft space...i am just "creating" myself a craft space in our laundry area... yippee!! I get all the cupboards now that we've re-arranged everything..all I need to do now is USE it!! :)

Luv your space.. Luv you xx
(Jealous too of all your followers who actually comment on your blog....I'm thinking of getting rid of my followers...hahhaha) xxx

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Ooooo, I love your crafting space! It is so spacious. Them expedit bookcases are the best, we have one of those large ones too, supposed to be for family things, but it is half filled with fabric...whoops!
Happy Creating in your lovely new space.

Jennifer said...

Oh Leonie, what a great space!!! I am jealous - I have been spending the last few days packing up all my craft supplies and organising them into a wardrobe :o( Will have to take them out and lug them all down to the kitchen table when I want to work on something... can't imagine that is going to help me get motivated to scrapbook!

Jennifer x

Meghan at MNM's said...

Eeeeeee....I love your space, it's so lovely. The bookcase, the suitcases, of course the buttons (ha ha), and the cute kitty cat too - all makes it deliciously inviting. Great work! Meg xx

Monica Williams said...

Oh I love your space! I want one too! And am completely impressed by your $8 find. That's awesome!
xx mwah!

jacksta said...

very cool!

Claire said...

Bright buttons, wooden cotton reels, great books, cool shelving, colourful yarn, awesome vintage suit cases.....what a wonderfully, inspiring and colourful place in which to create.......

It's gorgeous Leonie....

Claire x

jennie said...

How huge is your space there!!? Wow!
I love the bookcase - perfect for lotsa stuff!x

Notchka said...

I'm so envious you have a space of your own. But it doesn't take long to amass new craft supplies. Sometimes I wonder if I left all mine behind and started again I might use them more efficiently because you can see the wood for the trees? I especially love the blue wardrobe and the suitcases

Sam said...

Hi Leonie,
Love your creative space, so spacious! I too am waiting for the right chair to come along, in the meantime the office chair gets dragged over whenever I need to sew!

CHD said...

Love your space. Glad you have more time to use it now too! Cx

Helen said...

Ah, the expedit. My parents are hopefully bringing us four (yes, four) from Brisbane when they visit in July. I. Cannot. Wait. Love the splashes of red in your room :) Are the baskets from Target?

Happy Little Kiwi said...

wow! love your space.. wish my house had the room for one too! you have found some gorgeous items to fill the room with.. adore the suitcases oh and the gorgeous lil kitten too!! x

Lady Muck said...

Looking at those pics makes me so happy - I always love to see other peoples creative spaces. So many beautiful touches, personal touches. I hope to have a space like it one day, but for now I share with my husband and his 4 computers :/.

Can't wait to see some of the creations that are going to come out of this room! :)

Kim H said...

Love your creative space, Leonie. Lovely to meet you:) i found you via my followers thingy - you're the newest one! So lovely to have you as a follower and I look forward to following your lovely blog too xx

Max said...

i love your crafting space, so many beautiful and colourful things. your books shelf caught my eye as i am just contemplating buying the rhonda hetzel book as i recently discovered and love her blog. I think the armoire is in the nicest shade of blue I've ever seen, it just makes me want to go swimming in the med!