Monday, July 16, 2012

Guest Post: Sisterhood LOVEBOMB

Today I am so excited to introduce my first ever guest post on Kiwi At Heart. 
Let me introduce you to the very lovely Sophie, the mastermind behind The Sisterhood. The Sisterhood is something I feel so passionate about and I love what Sophie is doing.
Sophie is a Mum to a beautiful little girl, a wife and crafter, she blogs over at Sophie Slim
Here's Sophie's post to tell you all about The Sisterhood.

a LOVEBOMB destined for a special birthday celebration


Hello Leonie Lovers!

It is so nice to be joining with you today, I am Sophie Slim, and I run a little something called The Sisterhood which is what I'm here to share with you. I'm here because I think everyone should know about The Sisterhood!

It started in January 2012, this year, through a late night thought I had when I was thinking about all of the people I knew in Blog-Land. Amazing ladies who I had conversed with, laughed with, shed tears with and grown with. Ladies who I admired, looked up to, and also wanted to extend a helpful hand to.

Theres a little problem with blogging though isn't there? Most of us only know each other through our computer screens, but I'm sure you'll agree with me, you can really know someone through their blog.

So that night I mustered up all the courage I had, I put out the call, and asked other bloggers to join me in blessing a few people. I had a particular blogger in mind. She was a new mum, struggling with sleep, and I thought if we sent her a thing or two in the mail it might just make one night a little bit easier to cope with.

The Sisterhood was born.

Over the last few months I have watched it explode in front of my eyes - ladies all across New Zealand, and even the rest of the world, have jumped into it head first as they have become Sisters. 


We have had the privilege of being involved in a lot of smiles over the last few months - Gifts, date money, novels, warm clothing, and most recently birthday gifts to a solo Mum and six "Love Bomb" parcels to deserving ladies around the country.

The media got wind of that last one and we have been on the front page of kiwi mummy blogspublished in 3 newspapers, talked about on radio and have a magazine article due out soon.

We're planning more Love Bombs again, 10 of them are going out shortly thanks to the generosity of complete strangers!

I'm here today telling you all of this to encourage you, whatever side you are on: If you are in need of a helping hand, if you are feeling alone, struggling, hurt: Know that there are people out there who care. You. Are. Not. Alone.

Also know that there are incredibly generous people out there spreading love. This amazes me everyday! Strangers blessing other strangers just because they can. Just because they care. It blows my mind and makes me swell with pride. Women looking after other women. Beautiful. I am so blessed to be a part of The Sisterhood!!

So I just want to thank you: Thank you for getting up each day. Thank you for doing whatever it is you do to the best of your ability. Thank you for smiling. Thank you for loving your family, or your job, or your pets, or whatever it is you spend your time on. Thank you! I think you are worth celebrating. You make this world a better place.


Thats what The Sisterhood is here to do: Celebrate you! If you would like to find out more about us, head to my blog or join our facebook page.

Leonie, thank you so much for letting me share your space in the internet world and thank you for all of your support for The Sisterhood! You are one of our loudest cheerleaders xx


Love,
Sophie

7 comments:

Cat said...

Yeah for the Sisterhood and BIG yeah for Sophie xxx

Sophie Slim said...

Thank you so much for letting me into your internet home! <3

Max said...

that woman is a total star x

Tammi said...

What an amazing initative!

Anonymous said...

nice posting.. thanks for sharing.

Simoney said...

Sophie is amazing. the Sisterhood is amazing.
I am so proud of kiwi mummies right now!

banban said...

Fantastic! It's great to see people sharing a little love and a ray of sunshine!