Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Arty (not a party) Party

A couple of weekend's ago,  Miss K had a 'non' party.. it was an Arty Party (but not really a party, because parties have been banned in this house this year... *sigh* I am such a pushover)
You've all seen these on Pinterest I'm sure... and I just had to make one too... (tip: use your hairdryer on a sllllooooowww setting)

The Arty (not a party) Party was powered by the amazing benefits of 'creative juice'


The guests each had their own placemat....
and their name card on a little easel
The place setting
The girls decorated $3 tee shirts from Big W... they drew on sandpaper then we ironed it on to the t-shirts. The girls got very creative adding buttons and beads...
then they made button and bead monograms to put in frames....
but it IS an Arty (non) Party so the letters had to be rearranged to spell something...because that's how we roll around here...

Perhaps we should have had a competition to see how many words could be made from the letters???
There was plenty of (non) party junk food...
Rice Krispie 'paint brushes'

And of course there was a cake(s) ...
And a special one with a candle to blow out...
I still can't believe this fabulous child of mine is 11 years old!

** edited to add... when I say its 'not a party' I only say it tongue in cheek because we told Keeley she couldn't have a party.. it had to be an afternoon tea with no games and no party bags... it was also supposed to only be a couple of friends... but it kind of grew...but I stuck to no games and no party bags **

14 comments:

Miriam said...

Can you please throw me a non party one day? Awesome. Love it all.

CHD said...

That looks fantastic, Leonie. All of it! Cx

Renee said...

What a great party!!! I love everything you've done (as usual :) ).

Can I have your rice krispie recipe???

jennie said...

Twas such a great party Leonie!!XX

Faith said...

Wow, so many brilliant idea....like Miriam said above, can you throw a non-party at my house please?

PaisleyJade said...

Fabulous party (ahem... non-party) Leonie!!

Jess B said...

Wow, what an amazing non-party! I was going to tell you the details I liked the most about it but I realised I just love everything! Count me in on the you throwing a non-party at my house thing...

Meghan at MNM's said...

Golly I'd like to see a REAL party then!!! This rocked :-)

Katie said...

Awesome - looks and sounds like lots of fun!

Bron said...

If this is a non party oh my gosh what does a real party look like....love your ideas.xxx

Simoney said...

OH MY GOSH!
This is what you call a NON party?
I am so impressed.
PLEEEASE link this up to the party linky.
SO awesome.
x

Lyns said...

Wow Leonie, looks amazing. What a lucky girl Keely is. xx

Monica Williams said...

Super super super! You are such a great mum! Love it all!

Widge said...

Wow!! You are so amazingly creative Leonie!!
absolute coolness! all of it!! man i would have LOVED a party like that, actually still would....:)