Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My creative space: Travel journal

Wow, it's been a while since I joined in at My Creative Space!

I have been collecting and preparing to make travel journals for our children (we are going on a big overseas trip soon, but more about that in another post *much excitement*).

I also knew of another little blogger who is off on a special trip with her Mum to visit their very special friends so I thought I would make her a little journal to take and record her journey.

Here are a few of the inside pages....

a little room for journalling
Room to add photos and memorabilia, maps etc..
I hand stitched the pages together through the middle
I really enjoyed making this little album and received a lovely email from the recipient saying thank you.

My favourite part of the journal is this sticker...
"Some journey cannot be put into words"

Joining in with all the other creative people at My Creative Space

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, you really are so talented!!! Lynsey xx

CHD said...

That is gorgeous, Leonie. My kids kept journals from our trip last year and almost a year later they are still looked at and read a lot. Cx

jennie said...

This is such a brilliant idea and the journal you made is absolutely gorgeous!!

Bron said...

What a lovely present to give. you did a great job x

Fay said...

Such a beautiful journal!

Widge said...

Gorgeous!

Gail said...

So cute!! I bought very disappointing travel diaries from Smiggle - wish I'd thought to create amazing ones like you have!

Jackie @ Fred-and-Cissy said...

Wow, its lovely!

tartankiwi said...

Aw gorgeous! I am sure they will enjoy filling them full of happy memories! These will no doubt be treasured for years.

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

This is so lovely. What a beautiful present, I am sure it will be so well received.

And big overseas trip sounds awesome!

PaisleyJade said...

Just love these!!

Cat said...

Glad I checked in *smile wink* ok cross that idea off the list

BTW this is fabulous