Tuesday, November 6, 2012

On Blogging and friendship

This week I am really loving blogging friendships.

Over the weekend we enjoyed a day with a blogging (now real life) friend Jennie and her family.

Jennie is an amazing, creative, generous and inspiring person and I feel so fortunate to have her friendship.

The beauty of our friendship is that our daughters have become friends too. Our eldest girls have the most beautiful friendship, with little letters to each other in the mail, sharing with each other their creative loves, especially crochet and origami.

This year my eldest daughter has been through a really tough time at school with bullying. While her heart has been breaking with the unkindness of some girls, this friendship has provided reassurance, acceptance and many times put a smile on her face. To have a friend who 'gets' her is such a blessing.

I too feel so blessed with the friends I have made through blogging. I have been blogging for three years and over this time I have been so fortunate to meet many of my favourite bloggers in real life.

As I have said before, meeting a blogging friend is so easy because you already know so much about each other. The awkwardness passes quickly and the talking never stops (oh is that just me??haha).


I never cease to be amazed by blogging friends. Today again I have been blown away by the generosity of those friends I have met online.

They have a special place in my heart now, for they are true friends.

This post is dedicated to all those blogging friends, near and far who I hold dear.
x



8 comments:

Meghan at MNM's said...

:-) xx Meg

Miriam said...

awesome post - love those blogging friendships x

jennie said...

I'm crying reading this.
We had such a good time with you guys on the weekend! Thank you for this post - I wish I could write like you. Hugs to you guys XXXOOOJ.

Cat said...

xxx big loves to you also xxx
you KNOW we are here right behind you supporting you in every way we can

jacksta said...

Kylie said...

I am so glad that I am in that blogging friend category. I just wish that I didn't move away so soon after meeting you.

Simoney said...

ah well you'll always be one of my fav bloggy friends... still so glad we met in real life and are now just plain FREINDS.
x

Leonie said...

Amazing what blogging can do - yay for blog friends who become real friends :)