Saturday, February 16, 2013

Kindness Day: Little bags of Sunshine

Today is Kindness Day in NZ, organised by the lovely Sophie, the brainchild behind The Sisterhood.


I love the idea of The Sisterhood's Kindness Day and was also super excited that 'Ellen' was having a whole kindness week on her show this week! Her motto is, Be Kind!

When I stumbled across this pin on Pinterest, I found exactly what I wanted to do for Kindness Day...the pin is for a Box of Sunshine... I decided to call mine, 'Little Bags of Sunshine'.

I don't know about you, but yellow is colour that makes me smile!

I scoured the supermarkets and all the places I could think of for some 'yellow' gifts for my bags.
I must say, there is mostly chocolates and lollies in them, but who doesn't like a chocolate happiness fix??? 

Here is an example of the contents of a 'Little Bag of Sunshine'.


In others I included some Soothing Honey Tea, yellow crochet yarn, a yellow crochet hook.


I sent a couple of bags off earlier in the week to a couple of special people I wanted to bless, and today my eldest daughter and I are going to anonymously drop off some more.

I love this concept so I think I will keep making Little Bags of Sunshine, just to remind people someone cares (whether they know who it is from or not).

And isn't that exactly what Kindness Day is all about? To encourage us to show kindness, to reach out from ourselves and perhaps... to keep doing it consciously for much longer than one day. Imagine what a difference it could make in our world!

What are you doing for Kindness Day????





13 comments:

Sammy said...

As one of the recipients of your little yellow bags of sunshine, I can honestly say that it made my day. I LOVED it and yellow is such a happy colour. You are the best xxx

Katie said...

Such a lovely gift idea :-) I think I saw the same pin and thought it was an awesome idea! Love that yellow is such a sunny happy colour :-)

Sophie Slim said...

WOW! LEONIE!! I am so blown away by your creativity and forethought! Absolutley brilliant!! xxx

Cat said...

Receiving the little bag of sunshine brought so much happiness and sunshine to me! Tears of happiness . . . that someone for no particular reason thought of me and gave me a gift just for love
Thank You for being you xxx

Naomi said...

Super cute idea. Love the idea of the ones with tea and crochet hooks!

Miriam said...

Love, love the colour-co-ordination. SO awesome and cute and creative. Also loved my new toiletries bag which arrived yesterday. You are awesome!!

CHD said...

Such a lovely idea. Yellow just makes you want to smile. Cx

Mum4kel said...

Thanks so much for the gorgeous Bag of Sunshine. Was so lovely to come home and find out I'd had a surprise drop off. Thanks so much Leonie, you're a great person. Xxx

Bron said...

I love this ...you have got me thinking what I could do for the many families that come through our doors each week for playgroup....thinking thinking thinking. xx

Kimberley Atkinson said...

What part of New Zealand do I have to come and live in?@ what a gorgeous sweet idea!

Leonie said...

Wow these are amazing and sounds like they made the recipients' days. Awesome x

Sarah Ann said...

Inspiring! I think I could do this is my own community. Also love the yellow factor!

Sonia said...

What an awesome idea loving your bags of sunshine!