Wednesday, March 6, 2013

MIA

I've been missing from here for a bit... I haven't even caught up with blog reading lately. Sorry, I love reading your blogs.. I just haven't the energy.

A stack of stuff is going on here.

I have felt pretty rotten for a couple of weeks and yesterday found out I have a nasty bowel infection due to giardia. One of my children has also tested positive for giardia and we are waiting on results for the rest of the family.

I have all three kids at home while we wait because its really contagious (I didn't know)

In two weeks we move back to New Zealand and I can't imagine how I will have everything organised for the move when I can hardly get myself out of bed at the moment.

I was so smug on our return from the USA about how it was their worst flu season ever and not a sniffle in our family.... that smugness has now turned around to bite me on the bum... with a nasty little parasite coming home with us.

Although I am in a lot of pain and discomfort I am soooo thankful to have the awesome Doctor that I do. She is really quite amazing.

When she had to prescribe me not one, but two high strength antibiotics, she knew how devastated I was.

Two autoimmune diseases mean that I have leaky gut and lots of food allergies. For three years I have worked so hard to heal my gut .It is something that pretty much dictates my life. This is so huge for me.

The Giardia and antibiotics will undo all my hard work and to me, its absolutely devastating.

But at least I have the tools to start again and heal it as fast as I can.

As soon as I have more energy I have heaps to blog about... swaps I've been part of,  our exciting move and special angels in my life.








16 comments:

Sammy said...

Poor girl xxxx hang in there, sweetie xx

PaisleyJade said...

All my love and prayers coming your way for a super quick recovery! xoxo

nz green buttons said...

Oh Leonie! I really feel for you! Sending big "get better soon!" wishes your way xxx

Miriam said...

Oh no! I had campolabacter (or how ever the heck you spell it!) and it was awful. Feeling for you and the huge disappointment you must be feeling for your guts too :0( really exiting to hear you are returning to nz yay xxxxx

CHD said...

I had noticed your absence ffrom here. Do look after yourself! Praying for a quick recovery for you all. Cx

Sophie Slim said...

the worst! some how it will work out, it will! xx

Mrs A said...

Oh my! Hope it clears quickly. *hugs*

Jennifer said...

Oh you poor thing! I was just thinking about you recently and wondering how you were. So sorry to hear you've been unwell :o(

On a different note - WOW about the move home!!! I can't wait to hear more about it!!!

Lots of love and praying for a quick recovery,
Jennifer x

Max said...

Yay for returning to nz news ! Yuck for giardia. I got it kayaking years ago, can titally empathise with how tired it makes you feel and how it seems to affect your whole body, not to mention when you have other health issues. Wishing you a speedy recovery xxx

Bron said...

Sorry you have been so unwell...here's to a speedy recovery xx

Jacqui said...

Leonie, i hope you feel better soon, my heart goes out to you.

Gail said...

so sorry to hear you are so sick! Praying for your recovery and more!!

Katie said...

Thinking of you. Best wishes for the move and I hope you are all feeling better soon :-)

Neetz said...

You know I have you firmly in my prayers... xx


Oh and YIPPEEEEEE... you're home soon! xx

Rachel B said...

Hi! Whoa, lots going on in your world. I feel your pain re: having to put the antibiotics in your system, especially when you really have no choice and it undoes such a lot of hard work.

Where are you moving in NZ? I will be in NZ for the whole of June - perhaps we could have a real-life bloggy catchup? We are then moving to Sydney.

Sending you heaps of healing vibes.

Rachel :)

Hootnz said...

Hope your feeling better and the worst of its over.... good luck on your move...sounds like even though there is alot of upheaval at the moment there are exciting changes a foot! :)
xxxx