Friday, April 19, 2013

Birthday Loving

Last Saturday was my birthday. You're only as old as you feel ...right??


Because I was going to Christchurch my family took me out for dinner the weekend before
they REALLY liked the menu ;)
On the actual day, I was very lucky and spent it with around 60 Bloggers and two of my birthday week bloggy buddies (try saying that fast), Jacksta and Meghan.

There was a party, in a restaurant, with fairy lights... with a special meal for me...
what??? that wasn't MY party??? ...hehe

My lovely bloggy friends spoiled me with gifts..

Cat made me THE most beautiful hot water bottle cover ever!!!

Simone bought me this cool as necklace!


There was cake and chocolate and a lovely card, a yummy breakfast (thanks Gail!) and sparkling pink grapefruit (Kristy!). And a yummy cupcake candle from Widge.

I may or may not have purchased myself some gifts from the Make Cafe.


It was a great day, with lots of messages of love.

When I got home my kids showered me with love and a banner and handmade cards.

My son made me one of a sardine. Because he loves sardines.
I love my son.

and a big parcel was waiting for me from Australia....
As soon as I saw the return address I knew (in my extra tired state) I was going to cry!

My very dear and lovely friend Jennie had conspired with my eldest daughter to make this BEAUTIFUL doll!!!!
EEK!!! She's so gorgeous! My very own A little Vintage Doll!!!

And... her name is....

Thanks Jennie I LOVE her!!

Thank you to everyone for making my day week so special!!!!

Joining in with 

15 comments:

Cat said...

Gorgeous Gifts
Unsure if I said it on the 'actual' day - but Happy Birthday

Miriam said...

Wow I love that the doll is like you! :o) Glad it was a special day x

Ange - Tall, Short and Tiny said...

That party on Sat night was TOTALLY for you ;) Sounds like an amazing birthday week xx

jacksta said...

I'm so glad you had a great birth-week :)

Aussie Nanna said...

Happy belated birthday!
Your weeks was so special :)

Max said...

what an ace birthday, i like it when it turns into a birthday week! that doll is FABULOUS! happy happy birthday xxx

nz green buttons said...

I'm glad you had such a great time :) Those pressies are pretty special, I love that doll! I've always wanted one of Jennie's dolls!

Leonie said...

What a special Birthday! Happy Birthday! x

jennie said...

So glad that you had a special birthday, even though you weren't with your family! XXXXOOOO

Sammy said...

So glad you had a wonderful time xx

Meghan at MNM's said...

It was so awesome sharing my birthday week with you - I am so pleased you got spoilt so much you deserve it! xx

PaisleyJade said...

I love your doll and loved that we got to hang with you on your birthday - but I'm sorry you never actually got to drink any of your drink! lol

Bron said...

Happy Birthday to you...sounds like you were totally spoilt. xx

Tall Pipi said...

Aww Happy Birthday again Leonie! What an extra special birthday this years one was.

Hootnz said...

What a truly awesome way to spend your birthday :)