Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Knitting Ninja

((these awesome words/shapes were made by my girls one rainy afternoon))

I LOVE crochet, for its portability and the speed you can whip up a project, but when winter comes my heart belongs to knitting.

There is something about the clicking of the needles in front of a fire (or heater). I love the look and feel of a finished knitted project.

This winter I have made a good start on my knitting projects

First up I made my third drop stitch scarf... my favourite pattern! You can find it here and it always looks great in a variegated wool.


Although I have been knitting since I was a child I had never used double pointed needles before and last week I made these wrist/arm warmers
with four of these!!!
wrestling those needles makes you look like a knitting ninja!!!

Next up were some arm/wrist warmers for a lovely bloggy friend. My eldest is DESPERATE for me to make her some too....although she was happy to model them for me!



We had lots of laughs taking some photos of them ... 

Joining in with Matariki Crafting
Show and Tell
My creative space


17 comments:

hollymayb said...

You certainly are a Knitting Ninja! 'Whipped them up last week' Wow!

Maybe it's my turn to have a go at those double-pointed needles. They do scare me a little though!

PaisleyJade said...

Wow - just love the stuff you've been making, esp those wrist warmers!!!!

Juliet @ Tartankiwi said...

LOVE the rainbow wrist warmers! VERY cool. I totally agree, knitting is a winter activity.
Thank you for linking up with Matariki Crafting and good luck!

Meghan at MNM's said...

I'm such a lucky gal! xx

nz green buttons said...

Love these! I'm so jealous cause I can't knit - so super clever!

Max said...

Youve been busy! I can understand the enthusiasm for the rainbow gloves, but my those multi needle projects look daunting!

Miriam said...

these look fantastic! Take care of you and take it slow settling back in. xxx

Cat said...

those rainbow wrist warmers wow just wow

smilie said...

love me a rainbow.
knitting = relaxing

Lauren- SAHM I am said...

Love the rainbow colours, crochet and knitting are on my to-learn list and you certainly have reminded me why!

CHD said...

Those rainbow ones are pretty amazing. You've been busy! Cx

Hootnz said...

Yes I love the speed and different textures with crochet but my heart too belongs with knitting :)) Love all those projects as you already know....and the rainbow gloves are awesome! no wonder your girl wants a pair :)))

Schulz Family said...

visiting you from show and tell at Sunshinex3. The rainbow gloves are Fantastic

Leonie said...

Would love to learn more than basic knitting! Love your work!

Ginx Craft said...

So are you hooked on doublepoints now? I have tried circular needles, but still prefer doublepoints. The wristwarmers are great.

Leanne M said...

Leonie, those rainbow ones are so awesome, I can just see my girls wanting a pair of those each. I shall not show them your photo though as I don't know how to knit and they are still at an age where they think I can do everything on the crafting sphere and I'd like that perception to continue for as long possible :).

Pearlin J said...

Love your work! especially the rainbow gloves