Monday, June 17, 2013

Making ourselves at home





We are two weeks post move into our new home.

What a wonderful feeling to be home owners again.

I even went a little crazy and put picture hooks in the walls!!! I know, I'm such a risk taker (and I apologise to 3M, I hope they survive without my copious purchases of removable hooks).

We are slowly unpacking boxes and revealing hidden treasures.

Two and half years of hidden treasures.

There is still so much to reveal and I know a big cull will also happen. We have everything we need and more (much more). The last two and a half years we've learned to live with so much less and I prefer it that way.

I am loving the fact we are just over the back of school, a three minute walk for the kids, pure and utter luxury for me!

Our new home is like a blank canvas for us. It is pretty much original 1950/60s everything and we have so many plans. You should see my Pinterest board... yikes! ideas galore.

I have already started a few little projects so come by again soon as see what we've been up to!

Thanks for stopping by.

Leonie
x
ps. Apologies for not visiting other spaces lately... we have only just got our internet connection...

Please leave a comment, I love comments!


16 comments:

Cat said...

Love your curtains :)

TracyP said...

I love love love love!!!!
I was the same as you putting picture hooks in the wall, mostly just because I could after years of renting!!
I can't wait to visit you in your home!!
And OMGoodness!! Why oh why have I not being following you on pinterest?!?!?!?!

Neetz said...

Yay ........... xxx

Creative Mama said...

I'm all for nailing up picture hooks! Love your carpet. We just took out our 50 year old carpet- each room was a different pattern. Every room in our house had different wall paper. Enjoy making changes and putting your stamp on your home!

Max said...

Looking forward to seeing you make-over your home-sweet-home x

CHD said...

Such a lovely home. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Cx

Ange - Tall, Short and Tiny said...

Lovely! Happy home-making xx

Flying Blind... said...

Have fun 'playing house', you deserve it xxx

Miriam said...

exciting.... oh the planning....so much fun x

Jen said...

Congratulations! I'm well jealous (we are years and years away from being able to buy). Can't wait to see what you do with each room. Love your blanket and cushions on the couches!

Jacqui said...

Love the new house! We put a bid in on one very similar but not in as good a shape. Although we'd have had to rip out the carpet and redo all the walls it would have been a bit sad as well because it really was quite groovy. We didn't get it though, so my dilemma was solved ;)

Jennifer said...

This post and the pretty pictures make my heart so happy for you! It looks like such a lovely place for you to (finally!) call HOME. Hope to visit you there one day :o)

Jennifer xo

Leonie said...

Yay for settling in and creating a happy safe space for you and your family x

Hootnz said...

Ofcourse I'll leave a comment :p
So happy for you that you finally are in, and so great to have the school behind you! I had the intermediate and highschool behind and beside me as a kid....I was always late too!! :)))

Bron said...

That is super exciting...I am so all for living close to school too....hope you show lots of house projects as you get them done...but for now put your feet up and relish in being a home owner. xxx

Mrs M said...

Love your home - and the big garden! Had a wee look on your pinterest page.... we have the same taste. Loads of fun projects ahead!! Enjoy!