Thursday, August 22, 2013

A special little blue desk

Years ago my Dad gave me a cute little sewing desk. It's very precious because his Dad made it and he passed away when my Dad was only 18 years old.

It has been to Australia and back with us and a few years ago I sanded it back ready for a repaint.

Miss 12 wanted a desk for her room but has very limited space.
While she was at her Nana's for a few days in the holidays I decided to surprise her with a revamped desk.

She LOVES a paint colour called 'Laguna Teal'  that we used to paint her bed in Australia. Fortunately, the very helpful staff at Bunnings in Hamilton could look up the 'recipe' for that colour and make it for me!!


And then... the perfect little wee ceramic knobs

It's pretty little desk looking so cute in her room (and I will share it in its full glory when she cleans up her room!)

Linking in with Show and Tell and NZ Handmade

11 comments:

CHD said...

Very sweet and even more lovely with the history. Cx

Nin said...

Oh its lovely lovely - so good to keep this in the family and pass it down the generations!

Leonie said...

Gorgeous little desk and knobs! Lovely to keep it in the family and that it is treasured x

TracyP said...

that is adorable!!!! I absolutely love it! And the history behind it makes it all the more special!

Leanne M said...

Very cool, love the desk's story and how you have revamped it.

hollymayb said...

Woah, that looks so cute! And, even better when it's so special. I like heirloom itmes like that. They don't have to be the finest china, just something that means something extra. :) Beautiful.

Miriam said...

It totally gorgeous x

Simoney said...

LOVE it.
So absolutely gorgeous and perfect.
x

Hootnz said...

She has great taste in colour! and those pretty knobs finish it off perfectly :)) ( just a wee bit jealous )

Bron said...

What a great surprise and you still get to keep the precious memories in your family . xx

nicki storey said...

Lovely colour! I am a great believer in reprinting old furniture and giving it a new lease of life, I fact we've just spent all winter renovating a house, and yes that colour was a major feature for us too!