Thursday, August 29, 2013

Painted Pots

During the holidays I bought a bunch of terracotta pots and we took them and my paints up to my sisters in Northland, and spent time painting pots.

It was a huge hit with the kids and my Dad made one too!

Once painted, we sealed them with two coats of a water based polyurethane so that we can plant directly into them.

It was a cheapish project that has provided hours of creative time for us all.

You can now find them dotted all over our house.. in all their quirkiness.

Joining in with Show and Tell (YOU must go and visit and see the amazing Zebra slippers!!)




13 comments:

Fay said...

Lovely pots!

TracyP said...

LOVE!!!
I might have to make some, I LOVE houseplants but I am really good at killing them lol

Schulz Family said...

visiting from show and tell. These are awesome, such a good idea.

Miriam said...

super cute and lovely thing to do with the littles. Do link in to BMWB as well if you want to x

Max said...

these are just brilliant. i love that it's a great family activity, but also, and maybe it's just rangiora, but i find it impossible to get nice looking plant pots. mentally pinned for next fine day... x

BigLittle said...

Gosh what a lovely thing to do with your kids... Xx

Bron said...

Fun way to dot colour throughout the house...looks like loads of fun. xxxx

Sima J said...

Cool idea! I love the black and white zigzag pot :-)

Widge said...

Love these Leonie! I was really into painted pots as a young teen. LOVE that last one, so gonna give it a whirl :)

Leonie said...

Great idea and love those pots! so much colour and happyness! x (and thanks - you're too kind x)

Stacia said...

They are lovely and great that everyone could join in, even your Dad that is impressive. I think my children would love to do something like this, thanks for the idea.

Melissa Goodsell said...

What a great day and the pots looks so fantastic! When I was first married I painted pots for everybody for Christmas :)

jennie said...

They all look brilliant you guys!!!
I especially love the black and white one - we will have to do this sometime - love it!xxxx