Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The best years

Recently...
I became the Mum of a twelve year old. She's a beautiful girl with such a lovely heart. 
I am so proud of her, the glimpses of the young woman she will become swell my heart.
She's almost as tall as me and I find myself having to do a double take when we are walking together and I can speak to her without glancing down. These really are the best years.

We've been pimping her room


and making her cool stuff


And this weekend we are having a Mexican Fiesta to celebrate with her friends.... although today a Mexican Siesta would be more my style....

Love you my darling girl
x



10 comments:

Stella Rutherford said...

Wow, can't imagine having a 12 year old! One daaaaay.... Hope you post party pics!

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday to her :o) What a beautiful young woman you have there! Mexican Fiestas are the BEST!

CHD said...

Happy birthday to your girl. I've enjoyed getting to know her too. The party is going to be fun. Cx

Sarah Ann said...

Happy Birthday to her. Love her room and your stunning creations

Jen said...

Happy birthday to her! My son turns 12 in November and I'm like "How did this happen?!" They grow so fast.

Leonie said...

Happy Birthday to her and have a wonderful party! x

jennie said...

Miss K is looking so grown up!
We can't wait to see the photos from her Mexican party - you know there is someone here who would love to go to it!!

Hootnz said...

I get ya with the double take! I'm doing that now with my 11yr old :)
Have a lovely birthday party...sounds great x

Bron said...

Happy Birthday to your girl....great age too....have a fun fun party and then siesta after it is all done. xx

BigLittle said...

Happy birthday! L xx