Friday, September 6, 2013

Oh the loving!

Have you visited my friend Jackie's blog? She's a really funny person and I love how she writes. I also love her bullet point posts.
I hope she doesn't mind that I am going to steal the idea and do my 'loving post' bullet point style this week.

* loving my JOB. Yes, I, Leonie, LOVE my job.
I feel like I am making a difference to something that is very dear to my heart. I feel valued. I feel supported. I feel like the luckiest person in the world that I can work school hours. It is enabling us to live a more comfortable life and start renovating our house. It's only a temporary position but I really really love it for as long as it lasts.

*loving that tomorrow kids winter sports will be finished. SLEEEEEPPPP INNNNN Saturdays will make a come back.

*loving that my Mum and Dad came to stay and babysat for us, not once, but TWICE!!! We went to the movies and saw Red 2 (which was so funny, and I am NOT an action movie kinda girl) and also out for dinner with my lovely friend and her hubby. Such a good night. Such tasty Virgin Margarita slushies. I'm all class.

*loving that Mum and Dad did heaps of gardening and door fixing while they were here.
I found an old septic tank? piece out the back. instant little garden piece.
* loving that with a decent dose of thyroid hormone on board I am crafting like a demon in my 'spare'  time. Sometimes you really don't know how sick you are until you can look back retrospectively. Crafting makes me so happy. So happy. Having a metabolism again makes me even happier!

* loving that my children have made friends with our neighbour's daughter. This is something I have prayed for so long. A neighbourhood for our kids to play with other kids. A community. We are surrounded with elderly ladies in our street and I love how they have all popped in to meet us (and gossip fill us in on everyone in the neighbourhood). It is evident, that the lady who owned our house previously was very much loved and sorely missed by her friends.

* loving going on school trips!!! Earlier this week I went to Waitomo Caves and the Otorohanga Kiwi House with Miss 7 and her class.
yep socks down, shoelaces untied.

Gosh. I'm loving a lot.
Have a fab weekend everyone!!!
(ps I am LOVING the lovely comments you lovelies leave! makes my day, everytime).

Linking in here with Meghan

15 comments:

Miriam said...

it's lovely to hear you sounding so happy! :o) Yay

Sarah Ann said...

Glad life is treating you kindly - so many great things to love.

Bron said...

Loads of very lovely things this week....yes we are looking forward to a little sleep in Saturdays too...have a fabulously lovely weekend. xxx

Meghan at MNM's said...

Yeah Jackie is a hoot - love her to bits. That's so cool you are enjoying your job AND feeling better. That's a pretty cool class trip you got to gon on - I still haven't been to either!

TracyP said...

I'm with Miriam, I love hearing you sound so happy too! Such a wonderful list of lovings!! And yeah that Jackie is awesome! xx

hollymayb said...

Oh my goodness! Otorohanga! I was born there and I went to Hangatiki Primary which doesn't exist anymore. I used to live on Old Te Kuiti Rd.

I remember the Kiwi House! I also used to play netball up there, went to kindy across from the doctors (I think it was across from the doctors). I did Brownies...

We went to Waitomo Caves a couple times, I had cousins that lived out that way too.

Golly!

Thank you for this awesome post, taking me down memory lane!

Madeleine @ NZ Ecochick said...

Lovely happy post. thyroids are no fun when they are out of wack mine was over active which was just terrible. Glad you have it sorted. Crafting is such a happy thing. Good on you. Parents babysitting fantastic go you! Mx

Jenny said...

As everyone else has said, it's so good to hear you sounding so happy and cheerful! Thank God your health is getting back on track and that you've even found time for some crafting!
x

Leonie said...

Yay for feeling better and for life looking up all round! sounds like a super happy and productive week - hope the weekend brings more of the same!

Cat said...

What an absolutely wonderful blog post to read. I smiled and smiled and smiled some more xxx

jennie said...

This post is so so wonderful Leonie!!!
I am so pleased that you are feeling better and they've sorted out your thyroid dosage! And also that you are loving your new job! Lots of love from us,xxxJ

Sammy said...

So glad that you are feeling better! And love this list, filled with goodness xxx

jacksta said...

hey thanks for the shout out.
So good that your health is on the up and up.
Yay for school trips!
xx

Hootnz said...

So many great things happening for you....and its great to hear that you're feeling so much better! xx

Neetz said...

LOVE xx