Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Colour-me-in Tablecloth

Anyone who knows me well, knows I have a bit of a love affair for all things IKEA.

I found this awesome fabric in the textile department and bought enough to make a tablecloth.
Don't you LOVE our spunky dining room curtains?
A (painted) pot of fabric pens and a visit from the cousins meant the tablecloth was ready to get colourful.
The idea is that visitors will colour-in or write messages on the tablecloth and because we are using fabric markers it can be washed and kept for years.

I must admit, just like the kids, I am finding it hard not to pick up a pen and leave my mark too.

13 comments:

Creative Mama said...

Love it! I saw the fabric in ikea when we were there! I think I would enjoy colouring it all in by my self!

Bron said...

That is brilliant...I must have some for a family project...i will spend hours at the table I think. xxx

nz green buttons said...

SO cool! Now to find an Ikea contact to get me some! xxx

CHD said...

Great idea! I hope it's out when I come around one day. Cx

TracyP said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Now I want one too lol

Fay said...

That's awesome!

Miriam said...

Love this! It makes it feel so communal just as a family table should

Leanne M said...

That is so cool, I love it and know my kids would too.

Leonie said...

Love it - such a great idea and even better that you can keep it after it's been coloured!

Jess B said...

What a cool idea! That will be a treasured table cloth for years and years. You do have some really really great ideas Leonie!

Sima J said...

That is SUCH a cool idea!! I LOVE it!!

Schulz Family said...

That is absolutely amazing. Where in NZ did you get that fabric or did you get it online?

BigLittle said...

This is such an awesome idea... xx