Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Four years!!

Today it is four years since I started blogging. Four years and 550+ posts.

I started this little blog to share my crafting, parties, cakes and bits and pieces with other like minded people.

I have been thinking about how much our lives have changed during those four years.

When I started this little blog I had two chidren at school and a preschooler. We were living in Brisbane and the house we were living in had heaps of space so I had lots of room to spread my craft out!


In four years we have seen all our kids go off to school, we have moved back to NZ not once, but twice (so that's three international moves in four years!) and lived in 6 different houses (no wonder I'm exhausted!).

I have learned to crochet and am now addicted to making quilts!


We've had the joy of taking our kids to the USA on an amazing holiday and we are watching them blossom into awesome people!



Four years ago I had just started having problems with gluten and since then have been diagnosed with coeliacs and also become intolerant to dairy, egg, tomatoes and chicken. If  you had told me that four years ago I probably wouldn't have believed you! Mostly its something I just deal with...but its not without some stressful time and tears too.

This year I've had to let some things go in my life so I had room for other things to come in. My focus is on my crafting, my family and maintaining part time work so I can also focus on my health. I feel like I have my crafting mojo back - finally!

I thought I'd share with you a few of my past favourtie posts

Wild West Party

Arty not a party

Socially Intolerant

Oh Deer  - Amigurumi Deer

Crobot

Baking Party

Yo Yo Christmas Tree Tutorial

Hola

I'd like to thank all of my readers for sticking by me when the blogging was (is!) sporadic and for those who take time to comment, I really appreciate it!

And to those who have become real life friends... I feel blessed!!

Leonie
x




18 comments:

BigLittle said...

Wow, what a busy time you have had. Congratulations on four years of blogging - may there be many more. xx

BigLittle said...

Wow, what a busy time you have had. Congratulations on four years of blogging - may there be many more. xx

TracyP said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday!!!
xxxx

Ange - Tall, Short and Tiny said...

Woooooo! Happy fourth bloggiversary xxx

jacksta said...

Leonie said...

congrats and happy bloggy birthday! It's been one heck of a journey for you and your family too! Hope the next four years bring many happy memories and lots of creations! x

Kat said...

Congrats on 4 years!

nz green buttons said...

Congrats on 4 years! I'm looking forward to seeing more beautiful quilt creations to inspire me to get quilting! xxxxx

Jenny said...

Yay, congrats! So glad we can be on the journey with you through your blog :o) I too can't wait to see more of your quilting projects! x

Bron said...

Congrats that is awesome....Blogs can be a great space to look back and see the journey our lives have taken and how much really do achieve in life amongst the busyness......here's to good health and lots more wonderful adventures to blog about. x

A little bit Country said...

Phew! You have been busy. Congrats of 4 years. xo

Diary of a Flutter.Kat said...

Holy Crap Leonie that's a lot of moving! I thought ours was bad.
Do you think you are in NZ to stay now?
Congrats on 4 years. That's a great achievement.

meg said...

Happy Bloggy birthday :o) That's a lot of moving! Glad you're settled back in NZ again.

Max said...

four years! thats very impressive. looking forward to having a look at your fave posts. have a great week x

Katie said...

Congrats on 4 years! I recognise that cute little crobot - he lives amongst my crochet supplies to make me smile every time I pick up my crochet bag!

Rachel B said...

Congratulations on four years and so many posts - a major achievement with 3 kids, work and 2 trans-Tasman moves.

I also admire your commitment to your health - I am having a gastroscopy soon as I tested positive for Coeliac antibodies in July. I have been gluten free since then (except for the last 2 weeks in anticipation of the test).

So please keep going at LEAST another 4 years and another 550+ posts.

Rachel (now in Sydney) x

Meghan M said...

Congrats on four years - I have loved following along on your journey - and love that I can count you as an in real life friend xx

Jennie said...

Congratulations on 4 years of blogging Leonie!! Time is going way too quick isn't it!!? So glad that our blogs help us meet and become friends. XXXJ